• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ntc400 ip questions

reb87

My afc valve on my m919 ntc400 cummins is not working. I think the bellows has a hole. I ended up hooking up regulated air to it and could make decent power but now my ip is leaking fuel. It looks like I will have to pull the pump and have a shop work on it. I found a NIB pump from someone on here and am wondering if I could just put it on and it would work or does it have to be tuned first? Thanks, Ross

hemichallenger

If its the same it will work but if the hp is not set the same it will not run the same. You should be able to have your pump built for $300.- $400.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a tag on the top/front of the pump body. There are numbers on it. Do the CPL and code match?

reb87

Well his new pump is marked
NTC-400 4128
CPL-0267 JL123004

The tag on mine is just numbers
393-3537-0185432B
3017808-26014-229
My engine plate says the model is NTC400
ID 093E(family) and 0393(cpl)

hemichallenger

It looks like your fuel filter head is mounted to the rear of the pump and the other one is not. That can be changed. If you go by the cpl number it might not be a match because it is differnt but if they are both ntc 400 big cam of the same era it should work just fine.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Injectors might be different due to flow and the tprque rise might be different, meaning that if you use the truck to pull, you might notice a difference in the way it handles hills. I'll work, but i'd do the original pump so it can be put back to the way it was.

Southdave, that is a PT pump...pressure timed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks