• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nuke trucks?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That would be cool to reverse the cab, switch the axles AND mount a wrecker bed.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You can buy this M250 and restore it.

View attachment 467318
I absolutely love these things but I think without the entire rig (both powered units and the trailer) they're kind of ..................................err, incomplete. It would be like owning a battleship bit with all the turrets removed.

@ $20K, they're gonna' be looking at it for the rest of eternity.

insas

Well, we finally found some pics of the truck! Anyone know where we can find one of these? It's a 10 ton 8x8. Still not sure what the make / model of the truck is though. It seems like an MAN KAT1 but they were not made until 1976 nor with the 10 ton crane, only a 1 ton or a 5 ton winch.... The missile was the mgm-31 Pershing 1 and 1a.

pershing qrf.jpg
10 ton 8x8.jpg

Edit: trying to get the thumbnails of the Russian MAZ-537 they used in the 1960's that looks similar to go away.

Attachments

Last edited:

jdknech

Well, we finally found some pics of the truck! Anyone know where we can find one of these? It's a 10 ton 8x8. Still not sure what the make / model of the truck is though. It seems like an MAN KAT1 but they were not made until 1976 nor with the 10 ton crane, only a 1 ton or a 5 ton winch.... The missile was the mgm-31 Pershing 1 and 1a.

View attachment 472246
View attachment 472247

Edit: trying to get the thumbnails of the Russian MAZ-537 they used in the 1960's that looks similar to go away.
VERY COOL truck! i dont have any useful info, but the cab has a striking resemblance to the cab on a M4 high speed tractor..

insas

Hmm.. He said the nomenclature definitely started with MX, and it was experimental. Perhaps it was what became the MAN KAT1 in 1976 and later the M1001/M1013 MAN 10 ton 8x8 eventually replaced by the current HEMITTs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks