• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

number 2 is home

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
went to lakehurst naval airstation today to pick up the newest member of the family. we towed it out with an M813 but i could have driven it home. the towbar made it easier on me and the guys at the site because i was in and out of there in about a half hour. i was shocked to see the batteries were good. i didnt think they would be becuase the description said running condition unknown. i bought it with out previewing it because i figured that even if i needed a motor or somthing i knew where to find them pretty cheap. once i got it home i checked the oil and coolant and took it for a blast up the highway to get some deisel. it ran like a top. the list of goodies i found in the truck include; box of road triangles, full fire extinguisher under the dash, heavy duty aluminum boarding ladder, two 24v flourescent light fixtures that are about 12" long, a really trick map/spotlight mounted in the cab, convoy light pole (forsale), front swingin step, and the best of all, the key for the lock attached to the steering wheel chain:grin: the only major thing wrong with it is there is issues with parts broken and missing off the emergency brake which is making it rattle and clang around somthing feirce when its goin down the road. after we test drove it and made sure the frotn wheel drive worked in the sand pit, we got surgical with a crwbar and hammer and tore down the loveshack on the back lol i didnt get a pic of it when we were done though but it makes it look 100 times better without it.

Attachments

Last edited:

txdodge43man

Did you Know that tow bar Is WWII I saw on just like it in a WWII trainning video they were using it on a 1 1/2 ton GMC the clamp bolts to the axel. Im sure that is a rare find. can you take a Pic of it.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
i will try and get some detail pics of the tow bar soon. its deffinetly a real manufactured towbar and not some home made jobber. all i know about it is that i got it when i was 16. someone gave me a chevy truck and said he could get a towbar from his jobso we could get the truck to my house. he told me to keep the tow bar until he gave me a title. i never got a title. dude worked at a fleet trucking company refuling trucks. he said they would use it to move broken trucks around the yard once in a while

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks