• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

numbering a radio truck

digitaldust

What would bumper numbering look like for.

1st brigade 3rd battalion brovo company , truck in pool number 4

thanks a lot

I think 1 BDE 3 NB ????? 4 thanks

ke5eua

1BDE 3BN B-4

Was type of battalion was it? Like on hood if it was 1st brigade 3rd calvary it would be 1-3 CAV

This was a truck in my motor pool I just pulled off google

markings_truck_bumpers_003_700.jpg

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I wouldn't start painting yet.

What unit and when? There is a different lettering and symbol system depending on timeperiod and I'm scratching my head at what has been posted here.

1st Brigade, 3rd Battalion makes no sense for most of history.

You could be talking about 1st Battalion, 3rd Infantry Regiment or 1st Squadron, 3rd Cavalry Regiment or maybe 3rd Battalion, 1st Infantry Regiment....uh no.

Tell us more so we can give you the correct details. What division are you trying to portray and what year?

ke5eua

we have no sop as of yet it will be current usage we will be number a lot of trucks 1 gen on a trailer and other stuff
There is a sop, guaranteed, have to look at higher levels if the company or battalion doesn't have it. It's all about uniformity, but seeing your from MI, I know a little of how 1073 operates from my wife having the pleasure of being with them, so it is possible there isn't one. Check with the higher levels, or other units in the state and see if they have it.

Want to keep it looking the same. Wife says unit in Battle Creek should know about it.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
OHHH!!!!! Well why didn't you say so. Since it is a state thing, you can contact them. Otherwise don't ask for help if you aren't going to try and answer basic questions.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OHHH!!!!! Well why didn't you say so. Since it is a state thing, you can contact them. Otherwise don't ask for help if you aren't going to try and answer basic questions.[/

It's only an assumption at this point, based on the "it's a state thing" comment.

ke5eua

Mod can we close this before it get out of hand.

OP pm'd me yesterday, and I pointed him to some units that should help him.

Instead of being rude to the OP, let's try to help him.

I will say this, he is in the national guard, he was tasked with something and there is no sop in his unit while little to no help from his peers. He is a lonely CPL in a MI unit, cut him a little slack.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Not a problem, wish he would have stated his unit from the get go. With how it was coming across I was expecting to find out he was part of the MiM.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the OP wants to contact me, I can forward him some existing unit SOPs I have stored (I think) or at least give some actual guidance from an active unit.

I've written motorpool SOPs that include bumper numbering. I've also advised and corrected BDE HQ when they put out a faulty one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks