• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Numbers on data plate

Low-Tech-Redneck

I was looking at the deuce's data plate today, and there seems to be two groupings of numbers on it.

from left-to-right it reads

04D-27371 *space* 0525-19384

In the second grouping, the "0525" is painted on the plate, not part of the punched set of numbers

Which one of these two is the number that's displayed on the outside of the truck when it's marked up? I'm guessing the second set. But can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks

MVtrucker

04D-27371 is the hood number, the number you would display on the hood if you do the markings that way. Depends on the era you are going to represent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks