• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NUT SIZE? 5TON SS WHEELS

TheBuggyman

What size flange nuts are used to connect the wheel halves on a 5 ton super single rim? My 3/4-16 tap does not quite work on the nuts I have. Is it an odd size like 3/4-18?
Who carries something like this?

Thank you in advance.

dma251

I'm not sure on the thread pitch, but can tell you that they are not a special one.

I bought 40 of them for .87 cents each at a local nut/bolt shop in a nearby town. I can hook you up with them if you really need it. Heck, I'll pull one of mine off and take it to them to match up again.

Attention all "Search Police Officers" - what's the big deal with a guy trying to ask a question that may also be buried on here somewhere else? I bet every answer to every question that could be asked about MV's has been asked and answered on here at one time or another. If we were only suposed to search for it, there would be no forum, no sharing of ideas, and no helping each other out - which is what forums are all about.

Search vs. Ask? Who cares.

derby

If you have the 20 bolt combat rims they are a 5/8 x18 . Fastenall has them FLNG TOPLK 5/8-18 BL #37380. I don't if the 10 bolt is the same.

TheBuggyman

Okay, I went and got a thread pitch gauge and it tells me that the studs are 16tpi even though my die will not work on it. (yes, the die is 16tpi).
The wheels are the 10 bolt not the 20 bolt and the stud size is absolutely 3/4". Fastenal should have these. I ran a tap through one of the nuts and although it was not easy it did go through and I do not think that I cut new threads in it as it went back on the stud.
I don't know, maybe my die is just messed up............
No, it is not an upside down pipe die!

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
im going to the singles this summer. i need to know more about what to expect in swapping over. can you give me some insight as to what you are wanting to find. im quessing the studs on the back need to be changed? to what?

TheBuggyman

timntrucks said:
im going to the singles this summer. i need to know more about what to expect in swapping over. can you give me some insight as to what you are wanting to find. im quessing the studs on the back need to be changed? to what?
Tim, When I bought the truck it already had the singles on it. The nuts I'm talking about are the ones that hold the two piece wheels together. I bought a surplus wheel and it has no nuts on it is why I'm looking. Now, I have looked at the existing wheel studs and it seems to me to be nothing special, just a regular length stud and a standard wheel nut. On my truck all the wheels are the same, you just spin them around when going front to back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks