• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

nv4500 swap. need a different bell housing?

84cucv1ton

Parts came from and 97 or 98 truck. It's up on my lift. Things are not lining up. He said he did his homework on this before he came over. So what are you missing? Is going up to an 85 6.2. Thanks

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ask 101coolcars - his shop has DONE this conversion - OK, I wasn't too hep on the pineapple grenade shift knob - but other than that, it was way kewl

he can answer this question - drop him an email or PM him

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
check car-part.com for bellhousings. You can check by the 6.2 year model trucks and they have bellhousings for the NV4500 to the 6.2.

ODdave

Whats not lining up? Bell to engine, Bell to trans? Or is something else hitting?. I have about 12-15 4500s all variants, Let me know whats hitting and I can prabably help

And a Gasser Bellhousing will work just fine with a g.r. starter

ODdave

Your going to have to be more descriptive.

Gas, diesel, big block, small block all have the same bellhousing pattern. Is it hitting something that isnt alowing it to but up to the engine? are you having problems with the bolt holes?

84cucv1ton

looking at it again. pretty sure i drop the starter. we can get it in. didnt see that the first time around somehow. its a new day will see how it goes