• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NYC veterans day parade Nov.11

susmiester

anyone else plan on going to the NYC veterans day parade with there vehicle trying to decide if i should bring my 37mm anti tank gun this year with my jeep or not.

WarrenD

I'd suggest trying to get in touch with the Long Island MV group, I recall they attend as a group.

I'm watching the weather, but if it's as good as they say, I'm tempted to head down there.....

Last edited:

No.2Diesel

Hi,

The Deuce and M923 will be there again a couple blocks over transporting younger disabled Veterans for Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America .

If you haven't taken your MV into the City, it's a good day to do so.

lindyp38: I won't be with the MV clubs so I'm not sure what exact side street they are meeting on this year ( probably mid 20s ) but others on this thread should be able to answer ya.

Picture attached: Parallel parking a 5ton on the streets in BK, haha....

Attachments

emr

You can go and meet up with us the MTA also, I have a thread in here about our convoy in and what to do and meet up with us if anyone likes. If U do not contact either the NYC or Long island clubs or Me from the MTA U do need to contact the above mentioned thread, BUT it already is a done deal for this year, they will probably just send u to contact one of us any way, anyone wanting to meet with us , contact me thru E mail only at randyemr@aol.com Great day, :) I think I am hauling Nicks Mule in on the M106 trailer behind the M925 !!!!!!!!!!

No.2Diesel

Parade Pics 1

Hi,

Had wonderful weather and people that made it a great day. Thanked and spoke with many Vets and was able to help out those who couldn't march. Also saw some great equipment that the Active units brought out. The parade was well represented by all branches of Service as well as Veterans from allied countries from around the world. Aprox. 3,000 active troops marched along with 25,000 vets, marchers, etc. with about a 4hr. running time.

At the completion of the parade our small group convoyed around Manhattan, Finishing the day off at a Downtown establishment with parking right out front for everybody. :beer:

Other forum members in the group included:

Lex_ordo
MACSOG
HMMV
bugs

Thanks Lex for pointing us to that that prime spot! Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

No.2Diesel

Pics 2

Hi,

I didn't take as many pictures as I should/could have...enjoy

Attachments

MACSOG

Yes, Lex and No.2 diesel we did have another great Veterans Day in NYC. I enjoyed taking some of the pictures. It was one of the bigest parades I have attended for Veterans Day in my life. I am glad our good friend SGT. B attended also just back from Iraq now one year and soon to be re-deployed in 2011. I hope next year will will have more members join us and help out with the IAVA contingent.
God Bless America and it's Men and Women in the Armed Forces !
" NEVER FORGET THE FALLEN HEROES THE DEFENDERS OF OUR FREEDOM"

susmiester

yes it was an honor to be there with all the veterans past and present they all enjoyed the jeep and took many pictures with it. It was also a pleasure to meet the folks of the USO in time square where they did a photo shoot with my jeep and the uso girls i believe kisses for the troops was a great success looking forward to helping the uso in the future. Of all the troops that i met it was an honor to meet each and everyone of them i will surely do this next year again would love to have a few more vehicles join me from ct. and the upper east coast. JEFF

Attachments

badgmc56

If all goes well next year, I will be joining the group to NYC. At least two other members from our club are planning to attend also. Looks like a great time.

susmiester

that would be great to have a ct. convoy down to nyc next year. I have to join the ct. Mvpa club this year . Then we can have our own convoy down there. this year drove on the fdr to get there and there was no problem cops just waved at me and smiled when i was trailing my jeep down to 53rd. st.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks