• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oak runners under deuce bed question

I could be completely wrong but:

I think that the purpose of the oak runners is to prevent metal to metal grinding/fatigue/wear when the frame is flexed. There is some slide/flex designed into these truck frames, that is why the front of the bed is not hard bolted to the frame but has springs instead. So, the answer would really depend on what you plan on doing with the truck but if it were me I would probably replace the runners regardless of how I planned on using the truck.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
These runners also have holes in them to allow space for the rivets on top of the main frame. Without them, the bed would actually rest on the rivets and wear them down. That could end up like your frame falling apart develish.gif :wink:

3dAngus

I got the oak for mine at lowes.
Simple form fit and function after drilling for rivits. Simple enough to do.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any lumber yard that carries Oak strips of similar size. Modify for rivets, flavor to taste.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks