• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Obtaining a title for a Truck

jpinst

I found several threads on this subject, but I need very recent information, so I will ask again.

I am in California, where everything with MV's is a pain in the rear (but can be done). I used to title my trucks through a registration service in ARIZONA, because all they needed was the SF97 and some change and did not require inspection.

However, two years ago, that ended with a post titling registration requirement.

QUESTION: I am looking for a place where I can title my trucks through the mail with an SF-97 and payment and without inspection. Does anybody have any referrals or ideas?

Thank you in advance!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The days of mail order title services has passed. Most states have changed the ways they do business as you have found. I am not saying it can't be done.

quickfarms

All they do is verify that the vin on the truck matches the paperwork. This was done to combat stolen vehicles. It is not a true inspection and real easy to get done.

quickfarms

I think you need a VIN inspection done. Either at DMV or by a inspector, State trooper, highway guy.
You are correct about the vin inspection. I can be performed by the CHP, only designated officers at selected locations, a or private certified inspector. If you know a local
LEO he can also do most of them. The DMV can do them but usually will only do regular cars. There are some rare circumstances dealing mainly with miss matched paperwork in which they have to be done by the CHP. I have had many done there has never been an issue getting one done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks