• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Obtaining an eastern european APC is hard here in the US. I just want one!

kommando

Hi all, I have been looking for and trying to find an eastern European APC here in the US for some time now, but it's pretty hard it seems to find anything. Is there somewhere better to look for vehicles? I was keeping an eye on milweb listings and when one did pop up (OT-90) it was already spoken for by the time I contacted the seller.

I have a lot of land and have always wanted an Eastern European vehicle like a BTR, ot-64, BMP, or BRDM but now that I'm trying to buy one it seems impossible to find one!

How does one find someone selling one of these! haha. I don't want to import. Even if it's cheaper I'd rather not gamble on that game honestly.

kommando

Was really busy and forgot to post an update here. Thanks to forum members here I now own an OT-64 and I've already gotten around to getting things working the way we need it for events.
I replaced the main canon with a fake one that I rigged up to shoot blanks, works pretty good. I gotta figure out a powder mixture that will create more "flash" and less smoke.
Overall it's in great shape, but the power steering is lacking, I haven't had time yet to figure it out although i have a friend who's father worked in the Polish military as an OT-64 tech and said he can come over and help me out, so I should have that fixed up soon and I can have him look over any other issues to make sure everything is working the way it should.
Excited to start using it for events for sure.

As promised, here are the photos
and here's a video of it shooting

1626290338788.png
1626290582408.png
1626290675896.png
1626291097706.png

kommando

Looks good! Have you been on the road?
Finally got the power steering fixed and yes, drove it around on the roads and took it to some events, one at the Guardian Centers in Georgia where they've done filming for movies like the Fate of the Furious. I'll need to edit and upload some footage from that event.
Looks great! We need a video of it firing
Have a video here I posted it above https://streamable.com/wvrx61
Add some coffee mate powdered creamer to your powder mix

it will give you a good flame. Trick we used in the movie industry. it is a flammable oil product if you want to see it burn see here.
Oh wow that's pretty cool, I'ma have to try that and see if it works well from the very long barrel this thing now has haha.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks