• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ocd

kurt802

Hi everyone, I thought I needed a CUCV until I discovered that one can purchase a deuce and a half :grin:. Just because I have a credit card and a computer don't mean hit the bid now button on a GL auction! I was bidding on the Fort Drum auction that ended 7/23/09. I ended up winning event 4487 lot 5794. I rolled the dice as I did not preview the trucks. The Fort Drum pictures were good and the SN is painted right on the inside passenger door matching the description. "Starts and runs with jump" I should get the truck in the pictures ;-). It looked really good other than some tailgate rust. I called the Fort Drum contact number tonight expecting to get voice mail but Kevin picked up and said that he might be able to answer some questions about the truck when I call back tomorrow, Monday morning. Did any SS members preview these trucks? Just wondering if you might remember looking at lot 5794 and comment.
I am hoping to recover the truck with my son after the EUC clears. I live in Vermont about 300 miles from Fort Drum. Used to go to ARNG camp there back in the early 80's driving a deuce from Springfield, VT. Are there any SS members this far north? I may need help when the time comes to recover the deuce. Thanks for maintaining a very informative web site. I hope to participate as I return my deuce back to its top condition.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Fort Drum pictures were good and the SN is painted right on the inside passenger door matching the description.
Just so you know when you fill out your sf97 this is not the truck serial number. It's the registration number.

joeypushjr1

welcome to the site and no its not to early . i started of with one and then 2 and now im thining about something eles trailor, wrecker, what ever im in the mood for next lol .... make sur eyou post pic...

wsucougarx

If all of a sudden no one in your neighborhood speak to you, no worries:wink: Most of all my neighbors think I'm storing the MV for the gov't. No joke, my neighbor approached me very timidly and asked why the gov't was storing the 3 deuces at my house. I was very tempted to run with that one....should have:wink:

kurt802

Well, it all started because I was chucking firewood into the back of the F-250 and a thought that I need a bigger truck. Went looking at the used dump truck market and was stunned at the prices they wanted so the deuce is the deal of the decade for the money IMHO. I am thinking that I will make it a dump body but retain the stock appearance. I can't wait 'till the neighbors see me driving this rig. I will post pictures when I have of the vehicle. Right now I am making my recovery list using the search function. Put some together yesterday and looking for a source for a set of filters. Is there a part number reference on the site? Thanks for welcoming me to the board.

Lex_Ordo

If all of a sudden no one in your neighborhood speak to you, no worries:wink: Most of all my neighbors think I'm storing the MV for the gov't. No joke, my neighbor approached me very timidly and asked why the gov't was storing the 3 deuces at my house. I was very tempted to run with that one....should have:wink:
That is true. My neighbors know what I do, and all think that it is there for a reason, so it is all good.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When I got my deuce, a neighbor (whom I'd had no contact with up to this point) came over and asked if I was in the service.

I said "Sure, they let us drive 'em home, just like cops and their cruisers".

:roll:

wiggall

Last year when we went out to get a load of firewood. I stopped by the Post Office to put a hold on our mail. The Post Master asked " WHEN DID YOU JOIN THE NATIONAL GUARD!" I said " I did not Loin The National Guard I just bought it:!:" A few of the parades that we have had her in. I have been asked "W hat Unit are you with:?:" I tell them look at the license plate:-D Does it say GOV, or exempt. NO it says DD946:!::razz: For those who do not know look at my SIG:!:

Lex_Ordo

Hmm. well I buy Wix filters for my Primary, 2ndry, and final fuel filters, as well as the two oil filters.
That's because I bought hte Spin-on adapter kits from JaTonka, aka John Tennis, here on the board.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks