• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OD Green Paint

MarcusOReallyus

Nope. Can't delete it. It will remain a permanent monument to your shame! :mrgreen:

You ain't the first to ask, and you wont' be the last. Don't sweat it. ;)

nyoffroad

I'm looking for suggestions on the best source for original type exterior OD green paint?
A while back I saw some guy on fleabay selling OD green enamel, I don't remember much about it but it was decently priced and he said it's "the real deal" other than that I got nothing for you

cucvrus

Is it worth trying to find CARC? Is it even available to civilians?
I painted with CARC for years. IMHO it looks good but it is unforgiving and a finger nail scratch looks like a gouge. It don't look bad if you want a truck that is lightly used. It is hard to get a smooth finish and dry edges are common. I looked at many that were painted at the build plants and the paint looks rough. Supposed to but real rough. Hard to keep clean rough. I have had better results with Alkyd Enamel. Easier to spray and work with and cleans up with ease. Do as you wish. I have a few gallons of water base CARC. It sprays nice and cleans up with water. Great stuff. But I have used a few times and had bad results. Picky to humidity and needs lots of air to dry properly. Good Luck. Have a Great Day. Looks like rain here again today.