• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OD Green Paint?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have bought many can of OD green camoflage paint by rustoleum I get it at Fleet Farm the color is a very flat OD Green, it does very little to get rid of rust BUT if your surface is clean and prepped (no oils etc) it wears very nicely, they also have it available in a flat black!
KK

jmassenga

I've bought rattle cans here many times over the years. PAINTS Right colors, sprays well. I used about 3 cases of rattle cans in 24087 for my M37.

nattieleather

Rapco makes the rattle cans on site (unless Mark lied to me about it) so the paint you get in the rattle can is the same paint you buy in gallons. So the color is the same. I rattle can paineted a M151 a few years back and it looked great.

Docter

hey all, i was wondering about the right paint for the m-37, I know at the time the army was doing the semi gloss thing, my resto is to be Viet-nam in country look and i would think semi gloss would not be kept on. I guess the rattle can flat would be good but like i said i am trying to set it up right.
any thoughts ?

youres at arms Doc

WarrenD

For Nam, use 24087 semi-gloss. Make sure it is the old FS 24087 as the new FS 24087 is noticably lighter, yellow-brown compared to the FS that was in effect in the sixties and seventies. For a close match using the modern FS, use 24084. I used Randolph 24087 on mine and it looks right to me. I got my rattle cans from Peter DeBella Jeep Parts and he has gallons also. I called Randolph and verified it is true 24087 and also cross references to the modern FS24084. Just be aware that rattle can paint doesn't have hardener like you would add to paint to be sprayed thru a gun so even when cured, the paint is a little soft, ie, scratches easily.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I found out how NOT to go for a small amount of paint! I am painting an S280 for the bed of my Deuce and wanted the color to match my Deuce, today I went over and picked up the paint, I have to add the hardener just before I spray it, its a PPG paint and it was just under 200.00 per gallon I got 2.5 gal. sprayable Good Grief!
KK

Woodsplinter

I've been using Aervoe paint with very good results. Rattle cans and gallons are the same paint- no hardener needed but cures hard. Comes in all military colors. About $39/ gal, $5/can

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks