• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OD Iron stopped making wheels, where to find this style now?

gaspain

I just emailed OD iron about these wheels in the picture here. Lady said they dont make them anymore.

Is there any where else to get nice deuce wheels?

I dont really want Hemtt wheels because they are so heavy, 160+lbs ea.

Attachments

Last edited:

country

Supporting Vendor
Last edited:

asgtoolman

Try here:
Long's Wheel & Rim in Jacksonville, FL
Contact Roger Brodt, 904 757 3710
www.longswheel.com

I agree with trying LONG'S WHEELS; they made me a "custom" set for 14x20's for my bobbed deuce. VERY easy to work with and good price [$208.00 ea]
They evidently can make anything you dream up; mine are relatively simple one piece wheels made to look like two piece--I had them drill fifteen 5/8" diameter holes around the perimeter and I installed bolts and nuts in them.

Last edited:

wehring

for 1 pc

Thanks TxAndy. I appreciate the plug. However, for 1 pc wheels I 3rd Longs. Ask for CJ and mention my name.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

country

Supporting Vendor

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't OD Iron just get the rims done at Longs anyhow? When I got mine last year the shipping label had Longs name and address on it.

asgtoolman

Does anyone know the current price from Longs for the rims that OD Iron used to sell?

I would suggest just calling them and asking and getting shipping rates.
My "custom" wheels from them were $208.00 ea and $90.00+or- TOTAL shipping to North Carolina for 4 wheels.
They are good people!!

greg burns

Custom wheels

The Long's wheel website makes it sound as though they keep a design record of the wheels they build for customers. Does anyone have pictures of the wheels they've purchased there? It would be nice to see and order a wheel that has already been designed for a customer's M35A2, rather than start from scratch.

Thanks.

greg

asgtoolman

IF I could figure out how to post pictures, I would.
Mine were very simple--one piece wheels 11"wide with 5" offset and I had them drill 15 holes 3/4" diameter evenly spaced about 1-1/4" in from the outer edge and I put bolts with lockwashers and nuts to make them look like 2 piece wheels at first glance; IMO just solid rugged looking wheels.
All you have to do is tell CJ what you think you would like and he can email you a drawing--But his drawings are VERY basic and you have to have an imagination to know what it would look like in real life.[After saying that, I understand why you would like pictures of wheels they have already done!]
Will try to brush up on my computer skills and post pictures.

eldgenb

I just emailed OD iron about these wheels in the picture here. Lady said they dont make them anymore.

Is there any where else to get nice deuce wheels?

I dont really want Hemtt wheels because they are so heavy, 160+lbs ea.

Hey John, there is a guy in the classifieds selling those exact wheels with some well worn xml's for 1500, he has been advertising for a loooong time so he will probably take less. I will find a link and post it for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks