• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OD Overspray Remover

DeucesWild11

So I wanted to clean up the old data plates from back when the deuce was a firetruck. There was allot of overspray on them. I used a white compound first but that took too long and wound up being a little abrasive on the black parts of the data plate. I found some Mothers Aluminum Polish so I tried that. Wow that stuff worked great and didn't mess with the black. I have not yet tried it on glass or plastic parts so if you try it on them be careful and test a spot first. Just thought I would share this stuff with you guys as it worked out great for me.:beer:

Attachments

kswilsher

Leave it to Mothers. I've used Mother's to polish all kinds of metal not just aluminum and it's the best. I've never tried to use it to remove overspray but that's good to know thanks for the tip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks