• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OD Work Lights

steelandcanvas

Nice job on the lights--is the first pic how they came from ebay? In the other pics, the paint looks new. If so, you did a heckuva paint job! Nice work space, too.
Thanks! Yes, they were in pretty sorry shape. I disassemled them completely, put them in the blast cabinet, primed and painted. You weren't supposed to notice the shop, it's a friggin' mess.:oops:

steelandcanvas

So where are you gonna plug them into?

Looks good!
I'll probably go through the sheet metal just above the floor vent...like Armada did. That ought to keep the wiring up and out of the way and under the dash. I have a couple of mil-spec switches and instrument lights that I'll use to indicate if they are on or off. I'll post the photos when I get that done. Thanks!

Armada

The floodlight dash tag is a nice touch. The 'posts' that the lights mount to in my installation were also from a bridge truck. Wish I could find another one getting parted out.
Kendelrio, those rear mounted lights are great medicine for the driver following with brights on.... :twisted:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not wanting to hijack the thread, but.....

Kendelrio, those rear mounted lights are great medicine for the driver following with brights on.... :twisted:

That **never** occured to me! :evil: :grin:.

Actually, I messed up the other day. When we were leaving the campground, I did my walk-around while building air, and part of my walk around is turning on ALL the lights. Headlights, check. Blinkers, check, rear floods, check.....

Anyway, 50 miles later I am about to pull into the driveway and I turn on my blinker and glance at the toggle switch..... Ah crap...... floods have been on the whole way! Good thing it was 1 in the afternoon and sunny. Of course, that explained why no one tailgated me all the way home when I was blazing at 48-52 mph on the interstate! (Oh, the truck WILL do 62-65, but I don't want to redline the engine and besides, hey, I'm in the deuce. No hurries, no worries!)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks