• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Odd ball: Any ideas the purpose of this? Driver's side, under dash against tunnel

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was installing some sound/heat insulation and I got to the driver's side under the dash area and I spotted this thing pictured below. Does not look like something the previous owner installed, but what do I know? It goes inside a tube that just is opened on the other end just out of the picture.

If it had a loop on both ends, I would think it could be used to lock the steering wheel as an anti-theft device. But the other end of the cable is just cut off - nothing attached to it. Just a straight cable I can pull it completely out.

Maybe it was an anti-thieft cable used to secure the steering wheel that was cut somewhere along the line?

20230119_151856.jpg

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go tug on the cable and find out... or read a TM lol
In the manual they forgot to also include the elbow procedure 😆, otherwise it’s good to go.
The guy in the video is hilarious!
The whole setup and everything else…oh, I forgot, it has to be in park…lol

Last edited:

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
It's there... Also requires "elbow" grease. LOL

TM 9-2320-280-10 2-4 Change 1 PAGE 2-4
ITEM 13 Steering wheel lock cable permits steering wheel to be locked to prevent unauthorized use.
Doubles as emergency pull start.

Live by the TM's, don't pull my finger, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks