• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

odd motor swap/tranny idea

tm america

mine goes over seventy just need 15.5 80r 20s and turn the fuel up easy fix i love passing the semis on the eway they are use to seeing the slow convoys they do a double take when i blow by em doing seventy five

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HelloSweetk30! I was thinking the same thing. I got a 6-71 with 13sp overdrive. The only problem going with Detroits is they make more noise than a Deuce and leak more oil. I was thinking of building a Deuce to go 70mph. Any buyers??!! Phil
Yea you do 70 and kill someone and we all look like hell in the public's eyes.
I like 45. 45 is a good speed. If you guys want speed buy a different type of truck and have at it. I am willing to bet one of you guys gets all of us screwed.

Last edited:

Swint

I am going to put blazer axles out of my cucv in to get a better gearing for the highway. I also plan to put disk brakes on the rear axle to help with braking. I know it has been done before.
You have no idea how hard I'm laughing at that statement.

So, your wanting to put half-ton axles under a 2.5 ton diesel truck? That's just stupid.

sirmrtow

Why do you guys wanna go 75 in a truck thats ment to go 50-55
when you put on those bigger tires did you upgrade your brakes
i bet not
bet it takes you half mile to stop from 75mph
leave them alone keep them stock :-d

tm america

no it doesnt stop to bad at all i drive it 25 miles each way to work single 15.5 80r 20s weigh a little less than dual 9.00s but maore than single 9.00s so you gain a little rotating weight in the front but loose weight in the back just the leverage factor nut it will still lock em up so if that isnt enough brakes i dont know what you are looking for i dont get any brake fade havent had much more than 10000 pounds behind it since i put the tires on but ill let you know how it does next time i haul my backhoe

tm america

stock is fine but bigger is better:twisted: i ussually keep it around sixty five or so unless theres no traffic. good truck bad driver people die .good driver bad truck things are ok. i dont use the road as a drag strip .its still a duece!!!! i get passed by ugos just not school busses anymore:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks