• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Odd Rims

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two of these wheels, standard 2.5 ton bolt pattern. Never saw this type with the small holes in the rim before.
Manufactured by Badger Truck Center in Milwaukee. Both are stamped 06/08 (mfg date) & 7.5-20 (width & dia). Are these a new style 2.5 ton rim?

1stDeuce

I believe those wheels came on the dolly's that are used on each end of a conix box to make it towable. They find their way on to deuces occasionally. They are not "new style" deuce wheels.

Hmm. Can't seem to find a picture of the dollies...
C

Oop, found one, but it's a little differnt. Still my best guess. (Thought I saw some with tiny holes in the wheels before, and they often have deuce wheels mixed in.)

Attachments

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like the M832 Dolly Lift. There are three different ones. Smallest is for about 6,000 pounds, 832 is for about 10,000 pounds, and the big one is for CONEX containers. I've got one in the back yard that will be scrapped out. Part of the problem with them is that they have a steerable front axle, which makes them 'very interesting' to back up using a deuce.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks like the M832 Dolly Lift. There are three different ones. Smallest is for about 6,000 pounds, 832 is for about 10,000 pounds, and the big one is for CONEX containers. I've got one in the back yard that will be scrapped out. Part of the problem with them is that they have a steerable front axle, which makes them 'very interesting' to back up using a deuce.

Photos?

jesusgatos

Thanks for the info. I need a big one, that I could use to haul shipping containers. Anybody know what the designation for that model is?

Corprin

Thanks for the info. I need a big one, that I could use to haul shipping containers. Anybody know what the designation for that model is?
Our BN at Lewis had one in the back of the motor pool for times we needed to move containers about, and didn't want to deal with the logistics of moving a container crane/lift across post. The worked well, but as mentioned, are PITA to back up with something like a duce (we used a 939 or 816). I never had one above 40mph, but never seemed to have much issue with tracking or general drive ability. They are older equipment, and were replaced years ago with a HEMITT PLS, and what ever that trailer is that goes with them.

You need a container to haul all the toys?

goldneagle

Which one do you have? Is it complete? how much you askin for it?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two of these wheels, standard 2.5 ton bolt pattern. Never saw this type with the small holes in the rim before.
Manufactured by Badger Truck Center in Milwaukee. Both are stamped 06/08 (mfg date) & 7.5-20 (width & dia). Are these a new style 2.5 ton rim?
I was checking out those wheels on a deuce at the big Grayling auction last year.
140 + trucks to look at and the one with those wheels practically jumped out at me.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ge,
I've got the 832 and right now the only thing it's missing is the safety chains and the hydraulic jack handles. Including the GL fees, I have less than $300 in it and will sell for that to anyone who is interested. I was going to scrap it, saving the tires, brakes, air cylinder, and electrical. You have to come get it if you are really interested.

jesusgatos

You need a container to haul all the toys?
No, I'm building an enclosure for an M103A3 trailer that I'm going to tow behind Mah Deuce. But I'm planning on using shipping containers for storage, and to make modular cabins and workshops and stuff.
I've got the 832 and right now the only thing it's missing is the safety chains and the hydraulic jack handles. Including the GL fees, I have less than $300 in it and will sell for that to anyone who is interested. I was going to scrap it, saving the tires, brakes, air cylinder, and electrical. You have to come get it if you are really interested.
I'd be all over that if it was one of the bigger ones that could transport shipping containers, but you're still on the wrong side of the country...

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was checking out those wheels on a deuce at the big Grayling auction last year.
140 + trucks to look at and the one with those wheels practically jumped out at me.

Didn't see that truck, I pulled these off of a trailer, brand new tires (09).

Bob, are you going to be at the show in Oscoda Saturday? I'm thinking about driving up for the day, unless I can remember where else i'm supposed to be that day.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't see that truck, I pulled these off of a trailer, brand new tires (09).

Bob, are you going to be at the show in Oscoda Saturday? I'm thinking about driving up for the day, unless I can remember where else i'm supposed to be that day.

If I manage to have my stuff ready for Sunday's Color Tour site prep, I was thinkin' about headin over there. Hmmm, but which truck to take..........................

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I manage to have my stuff ready for Sunday's Color Tour site prep, I was thinkin' about headin over there. Hmmm, but which truck to take..........................

You're close enough, take all of them!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Those dolly's pop up all the time on GL......usually go for a reasonable price.

I have seen them with brand new tires go for a hair over min bid.

They are a real PITA to hook up (unless we missed something in the TM translation).

My unit in Korea had one and they will make a real arse out of you trying to back up.

Now I know why some units had pintle hitches on the front of deuces and 5 tons.

A lot of medical units had them for hauling containerized operating rooms around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks