• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oddball express ii

jets1959

So I bought the trailer from oddball. We finally got some rain and its leaking like a sieve. I gotta leave for Saudi tomorrow at 2pm I hope the rain stops by morning so I can seal it up before I leave. I think it will work perfect for storage for now. It will need ALOT of work if I turn it into a camper. Some big things would be replace the floor, replace the styrafoam insulation, replace the 2 missing windows, rewire the exterior marker lights. Other then a litte rust and the other problems I mentioned, its in great shape.
Thank you for saving this trailer!!!!!!

ODDBALL007

So I bought the trailer from oddball. We finally got some rain and its leaking like a sieve. I gotta leave for Saudi tomorrow at 2pm I hope the rain stops by morning so I can seal it up before I leave. I think it will work perfect for storage for now. It will need ALOT of work if I turn it into a camper. Some big things would be replace the floor, replace the styrafoam insulation, replace the 2 missing windows, rewire the exterior marker lights. Other then a litte rust and the other problems I mentioned, its in great shape.
Adam i do remember saying to u it would need resealing. I even left the tar to seal it.as far as floor id lay over it.. styro foam made a huge diff in temps last summer.. If you wanna sell it back let me know. Ill b there in june for my ladder:thumbup:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a great thread. Few semi-trailers that come out the military surplus get any attention at all, most are slaved to do work until they fall apart and are scrapped. Glad to see even the big, less-celebrated pieces of military rolling stock have some dedicated owners as well.

Yup I know, thats why im not mad and do not want to sell it back. I got up on the roof a few hours before I headed to the airport and took some self tapping screws and screwed it back down and then put a fresh coat of tar over all the seams and screws. I hope I got it sealed up good cause I got alot of my stuff in it that I dont want damaged by water. Maybe when I get home for good ill have time to reskin the roof. As for the styrafoam to each their own, im not a big fan of it, If I do turn it into a camper it will be getting spray in expanding foam, which will not only insulate it but also act as a vapor barrier. As for the floor, I need to do some research and thinking on the best way to either get it smooth so I can lay something over top of it or totally replace it with something smooth. I like the idea of Diamond plate laminate tiles, or maybe even a roll in bed liner for the floor and halfway up the wall.

Adam i do remember saying to u it would need resealing. I even left the tar to seal it.as far as floor id lay over it.. styro foam made a huge diff in temps last summer.. If you wanna sell it back let me know. Ill b there in june for my ladder:thumbup:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks