• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ODDBALLs M109 w trailer

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
oldMan99

The weight is 1860, I plan on installing it up against the back wall centered under the bottom bunk bed. The battery is a gel cell so there is no need for a ventilated battery box like the other 3 systems I use lead acid in. I will reinforce the sub structure with 3" angle iron and channel to offset the constant weight in one area.

The Exide warranty is 15 years from the date of shipment which 3 weeks ago. My neighbor is in the forklift business and has a sh/t load of battery's, new/used and he reconditions them. I am blessed with good neighbors.

Are you planning on building a battery back up system for your truck or home..?

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rattlecan6104,

Chris installed a pin with a cotter pin under the step for quick disconnect. Pretty ingénues I think. Works well.

Ac/cages. Thanks for the info. All I am doing is sleeve the box in knotty pine tong and groove and a bun bed. I looked at several 109's at the rally and I am sure I am under their weight. Most of them were homes on wheels. I am not doing the plumbing rout, imho it's not necessary.

ODDBALL007

Rattlecan6104,

Chris installed a pin with a cotter pin under the step for quick disconnect. Pretty ingénues I think. Works well.

Ac/cages. Thanks for the info. All I am doing is sleeve the box in knotty pine tong and groove and a bun bed. I looked at several 109's at the rally and I am sure I am under their weight. Most of them were homes on wheels. I am not doing the plumbing rout, imho it's not necessary.
I tank u Don but I can't all the credit. Rayzer helped. Rattllecam go back a few page on this build and I will see what was done

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Chris,I did some work on the Oddball Express BOV. Here are pics of a cobra dual antenna, CB and personal cab heater. The heater is 300 watts and gives enough heat to defrost the glass.The box said it is ceramic 12v. I don't know anything about the ceramic part but it does an amazing job for $60.00 Heat is a good thing in Michigan.

Thanks for the IR lights Ray. These should be installed in a week or so.

Edit, OOPS

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Waz up John, Next week Troy and I are going to sleve out the interior with knotty pine, also Log bunk Beds. 2012 starts in 30 days...

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could do that but for the next rally I go to, I am Driving the 1028 with a quad in the back with a 26' RV in tow, I am sure Brenda, Ray, Chris and you for that matter would be comfortable. I learned from the Ga Rally Comfort and a hot shower is a good thing. I like to drive. I think I would have just as much fun on the trails with just a pick up and a quad. Thats my plan for next year.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I could do that but for the next rally I go to but I am bringing a 28' RV in tow, I am sure Brenda, Ray, Chris and you for that matter would be comfortable. I learned from the Ga Rally Comfort and a hot shower is a good thing. I like to drive. I am short only 4'2" the CB is fine where it's at. My Step dad helped me install it on Thanksgiving day up north.
With being that short, did you have to put blocks on the peddles, and can you see out the front window :D

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like where this thread is going...
Sorry for the high jack, I am putting together a bug out truck, the plan is to be self contained with power through solar panels and a forklift battery. Have a good day. I guess Dell got it right. 5'10" sounds about right. Still not a knee buster.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks