• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Odyssey PC2250ST 6tl the bad? best seller?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can confirm the NOCO Genius GEN5X2 indeed works to charge both without disconnecting.
So, just to be sure, have you been running yours with no issues? Referring to not un-hooking batteries from series?

That would be excellent..
I will also confirm my NOCO 3 does just fine with batteries in series.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any chance you could show how you hooked this to your batteries?
it's pretty simple. The 2x2, 5x2, 10x2 genius chargers all have 2 sets of wires coming out that go to battery positive and negative posts. One wire set goes to each battery positive and negative. It doesn't matter which wire set to which battery, just match up positive to positive and negative to negative.

From the no.co website

series-and-parallel-update.jpg

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cut off the connectors and attached small size battery cable alligator type clamps

aconway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it's pretty simple. The 2x2, 5x2, 10x2 genius chargers all have 2 sets of wires coming out that go to battery positive and negative posts. One wire set goes to each battery positive and negative. It doesn't matter which wire set to which battery, just match up positive to positive and negative to negative.

From the no.co website

View attachment 912505
I hadn't looked on their website, I'm a little spoiled from the guys on this site with their knowledge ,so it's been my default when it comes to my 1165A1 I picked up this year. Thanks Coug and to all others.
I did order the 5x2 today on Amazon at 10 am, and it was delivered by 2pm today. Headed down after a drink to get it set up. !

aconway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cut off the connectors and attached small size battery cable alligator type clamps
IMG_1045.jpegI IMG_0421.jpeg
I will keep the lug connectors since I'm running the Odyssey batteries and they have both types.
Makes it easy for a secure connection .
I have hooked up the charger and it's working great.
Will update as time rolls on.

*** UPDATE ***

Guys I messed up. These Odyssey batteries require MORE than this charger puts out. And it will not work for these batteries.
And as a matter of fact per Odyssey, it will ruin them.
This is from Odyssey technical:

On Dec 11, 2023, at 8:03 PM, Delzeit, Stacey <Stacey.Delzeit@enersys.com> wrote:

Each battery needs at least 15 amps of current. You can do that charging in series at 24 volt charge voltages. Or if charging 1 at a time, the current still needs to be 15 amps at 12 volt charge voltages.

Our minimum charge current is 10% of the battery’s 20 hr capacity rating. The PC2250 is rated 126 amp hours…so I rounded 12.6 amps for charge current up to 15 amps for practical purposes.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Stacey
I wanted to share so nobody does the goof that I did. If you're NOT running these, then you'll probably be just fine. But check the min charge amps for your batteries.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks