• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

off topic Kubota lowboy GL11000

justacitizen

there is a local to me Kubota GL11000 either a 10K or 11K series II generator for sale pretty cheap. the owner says he had the unit in storage no mice. and when he started it to give it a monthly run the battery light flashed and the big gen quit producing power. has anyone here any experience with these? would this be an easy cheap fix??? any opinions are welcome.

jamawieb

Probably not cheap. You can't get the manuals for them unless you go to the dealer. Most Kubota dealerships don't work on them and have not idea what they are doing. I've had a couple of people by 803a's after buying the Kubota that crapped out on them, that no one could fix.

justacitizen

yea that seems to be found mostly everywhere i look. also i think it is a fast turner 3600 rpm. boy that would be a let down to buy a 7000 dollar gen and have to throw it away because it quit after 400 hours. i will stick to the MEP

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah they are full speed. I think there is a reason you dont see many on the resale market.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Low sales volume, coupled with specialty commercial repair network.... diesel gensets of this size are in the 'middle'... too small for serious commercial work, and too big for simple jobsite tasks. So the commerical units that are in service are kept up until not economically feasible (or are destroyed and not rebuilt as companies can write off items like these).

diesel583

We had one when I worked for Ok Forestry, took it to Clifford Power in Tulsa. Had to haul it from Goldsby to Tulsa cause nobody in OKC would touch it.

justacitizen

seller indicates when he started it the battery showed bad and it simultaneously stopped producing power. has a good battery in it and it starts with a bump but no AC.

justacitizen

yes that is possible. i found an online operator manual and it has some wire schematics and a few troubleshooting. there is a slow blow fuse in the 12 volt circuit that could cause no AC. it also has brushes and slip rings.

justacitizen

i found a workshop manual. there is a symptom listed in the troubleshooting that fits. it could be a bad stator or just a loose connection. the problem is a new stator costs 2700 dollars!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks