• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Offered a Deuce, for the best price.

Varyag

So I have been blasting along in my m35 having fun around town at slow speeds (still have a very slightly bent drive line I am waiting on a replacement for) enjoying my fully titled and legal deuce. The guy who is going to do the paint job shortly on it said a farmer who has had a m211 in a machine shed for a few years wants it gone. From what he told me, it is a complete truck with not a lot of rust at all and the original GI paint from back in the day. He just wants it gone. Price for it will be to get it out of his AO.

The truck is about 2 or 3 miles from my place so I will be going out to look at it tomorrow when there is light outside. He said the truck runs and drives so I might be coming home with a new toy.

I have never even worked on that model, so anyone have any tips on getting her started? Worse case that it doesn't jump, I will probably drag it home with the A2.

I am nervous and excited about a double Christmas, had to tell someone.

Ohh yeah, I was expecting my wife to be like "no more rigs!" but she is all for it.

moleary

Congrats Var - that's really cool! We can all use a little good news these days, even if its good news for someone else!

Now you have to share the love by sharing the pics when you get them!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will have two problems: Bad gas and iffy brakes. The GMCs never got silicone brake fluid, so all 12 wheel cylinders are likely a rusted, stuck, leaky mess. The gas tank has a in-tank pump with filter membranes around it, which tend to get gummed up and hinder flow. If the tank has bad gas, you may be able to get her started on a gas can with an electric pump. Check the points for corrosion as well. Any two car batteries will do for batteries. Or you can slave her off from your A2, the 211's have the 2 pin slave receptacle. In the cab, you crank the GMCs by pulling a lever on the shift tower. If you can get the engine running smooth, move the shifter to "high range level" and have some fun!

flyusn99

Congrats! On a completely unrelated note, does your wife have a sister?

I told my wife that I was going to buy an M35A2 and the best she could muster was "if anyone's eccentric enough to pull it off its you"...... Though she may come around once she drives it....
It sounds as though you've managed to crack the code on spousal cooperation though..... What's your secret?

Seriously though, hope the truck turns out to be in great shape....

50shooter

That is awesome. Nice to hear some guys come out on top. I know of a Sherman tank minus the turret in a guys barn. He thinks it's worth a new house though.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
HAHA! See, my slow shipping worked out well for you. :oops: Anyway, It'll go out tomorrow and I'll get you the tracking #.

Varyag

Yeah, she has a sister. But she is a flaming cali hippy who thinks I am the devil. I was thinking of picking her up in the M35 from the airport for the holidays. My wife said I could if she could follow to take pics.
My wife is really cool. She knew what she was getting into when she married a tanker. She is pretty supportive of my obsessions. I have a FJ40 that she has let me spend way too much on too. She likes driving the M35 way better and it is laughable because she is 5 ft.

-edit- Thanks gimp, no rush.

Last edited:

Varyag

The guy who found me the truck said he is getting a pair of the wrecker version to pull the booms off for his farm truck. He said I could have whatever I want from the chassis when he gets them. Both were painted pink for a local outfit...

It is freaking hard to type with frozen hands.

Stan Leschert

We have the M-135 smaller sister to that. Let me know what help we can give online. We still have serving Army members who fixed that beast, and who I can call in favour from. The TM is posted on this site. Let me know if we can help! Good luck, and save that sweet old girl!

moleary

We still have serving Army members who fixed that beast, and who I can call in favour from. The TM is posted on this site. Let me know if we can help! Good luck, and save that sweet old girl!
The Canadian Army has active duty soldiers that worked on the M211? That's incredible! When did Canada take them out of service?

Last edited:

Scarecrow1

NEW AGE HIPPIES MAKE GOOD HOOD ORNAMINTS .... Just kidding good luck with your new toy ....By the way the new wave of hippies have to understand the real Hippies shelf life expired in 75 ......:twisted:

sandcobra164

Good find and I'm happy to know there's another Tanker on here. Were you a 19 Kilo or a Marine??? I took M1's to Iraq twice, once driving and loading during the invasion and a second tour as a gunner and later TC. Tanker's lead the Way!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks