• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OFFICIAL 08' RAUSCH CREEK SIGNUP THREAD!!

JohnFire

Fuel prices

As we get near to the rally weekend here is what I saw for Diesel on my way home from work comming up I 81 and route 209

Loves Exit 90 off 81 $3.79 Cash $3.85 Credit
Ravine Exit 104 off 81 $3.82 Cash not sure on credit cause their sign has one price but I am sure that is cash cause they got me once that way.
off of 209 in Tremont Kriesers gas station $3.99
Hess in Pottsville off 209/901 $4.39

No2 I don't know if you want to cross post or just move this to the Convoy thread

No.2Diesel

RE: Fuel prices

Wow those are much cheaper than at home. Thanks. I dont know how to move this post :oops: Probably just copy and paste would be easier.

scooter01922

Well guys, its now a definate. I won't be able to make it. General lack of time that weekend combined with the truck not even being road legal yet ( over a month now since i got the insurance done and sent the paperwork for plates) Sorry guys, take lots of pics. :-( :-( :-(

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Schitt, Scott. maybe we will be the only ones there again. You, me, No.2Diesel and his bro', now all we gotta do is shake Opie out from his tree and we'll be all set!

Rickyoday

Here's another fly droppin'...I'm down to just coming on Saturday. My wife's work schedule changed today, so I have to pick up the kids after school on Friday. On the plus side, I finally bit the bullet, and antique titled the XM818A1 today. I couldn't get anyone to write me RT Tag insurance. I can't legally work the truck like I wanted to, but can still have fun with it. What time do you guys hit the trails on Saturday? Rick.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I was just thinking my sons are picking up my two trucks at the Gap and was thinking if they could park them not far from there and head up then drive them back on Sunday it might make more sense. Does anyone know were I could recommend them parking them for the Friday through Sunday time before heading South?

John is letting me keep them at his place till I get home from Korea but I was just thinking about logistics for my sons.

OLDCHEV4X4

Armyman, I'm in Coatesville Pa. 19320 if that helps. Anybody can park at my house.

At this point i'm still in for arriving Friday evening. My son Hunter, Me, and 69 Blazer.

No.2Diesel

Sorry to hear that guys. Start that checklist of things for next year now and you might be ready :wink: There's always next year. Ricky, PM your # so you can call us an hour or two before you arriv at camp so we can be at the HQ to meet up. Are your bringing the Burb or the tractor? Change those leafspring bushings?

Thanks everyone for the communications. I will adjust the convoy schedule and signup accordingly.

Rickyoday

I'll be bringing the tractor, I never got around to fixing the Suburban. I'm thinking I'm about 1 1/2 hours South of RC, so I'll leave about 2 hours before you guys think you'll hit the trails. The only thing that will prevent me from coming would be heavy rain...call me a puss, but I don't like driving on NDT's in heavy rain. PM on the way. Rick

No.2Diesel

Weather: It looks like somethings gonna move through on Thursday/Friday so we may catch some of it on the way out. Otherwise we'll have partly cloudy skies and cool temps the rest of the weekend.

Thanks for the PM.

M37Dodge

Still at it . . ..

Put the t/c together over the weekend - discovered the kit did not incl all the proper needle bearings. Couldn't find any locally and tried NP205 needle bearings, but they were too long - ordered the correct rollers with $43 overnight delivery :( ).

Installed locking hubs last night w/ son.

I will install the t/c in the M37 in ~30 min (want to warm up a bit 1st) - it is all together except the rear output shaft retainer assembly - which can be installed quickly from under the truck in between the forecasted rain over the next couple days.

Assuming the t/c checks out ok - I should be good to go after changing the engine and t/c oil. However, I may be driving up Sat a.m. so I don't have to pull my son from school Fri.

:lol:

It is 1:45 am Wednesday morning and the t/c is installed (abet w/o the rear output shaft). Missing bearings should be here w/in 8 hrs to finish t/c assembly. Things are looking good. [thumbzup]

Today's update (Wednesday):
T/C rear output shaft/retainer installed on while on truck - t/c works fine - runs so much cooler and quiet:) Replaced rear diff pinion seal - leaked and found the yoke needs a redi-sleeve while changing seal. At least that is a very simple fix.

Will look into hooking up the M101 wiring tomorrow to get extra storage room while at RC.

Son wants to convoy Fri - wife is agreeable. See ya guys Fri :lol:

Stalled

RE: Still at it . . ..

We just picked up 3 trucks at Indian Gap last week.The Days Inn there let us park in the trck lot for 3 days and were very accommidating(poss bad spelling)I have one more truck there waiting on EUC and may be able to make the trip.I should be getting my invoice any day.I will try to time my pickup to attend if possible.My brother lent me a dealer tag,so I wont worry about the law enforcement folks.I just hope it runs(the other 3 did as GL said).We met a member from this site picking up 2 m35s..Chip Hawes was the fellows name.They had a no start on one,no brakes on the other,but got them going after a while.

PaFarmer

Stalled (Jeff right?), I appreciate the assistance you and your brother provided. Clearly you all made it back in one piece, I am glad to hear that. My Dad and I picked up two m35s and an M109 on Friday. My M109 did not want to start, it ran fine on the way home and Saturday as well, it must have lost prime. My winch truck needed work on the brakes. They were fine on the way home. Can't find any leaks. Dad's M35 ran like a top as did my first deuce I got in March, so it seems to be a hit and miss thing.

Let me know if you will be in this weekend, PM me if you need my phone number. Rausch Creek is about 20-30 minutes from the Gap, a short distance off of Rt 81, three or four exits north of the Gap Exit. I am bringing my deuce on Saturday. I'd be happy to meet up with you.

Armyman

As far as a place to stage the trucks. We were allowed to park two trucks in the open lot beside the guard shack on the base. There were several junk trucks and pieces of heavy equipment parked there. It might not be a problem to park them Friday night and get them Saturday. There is also a restaurant right right near the exit off Rt 81, Funks or something like that. Your boys might ask to park in the lot overnight there, maybe buy some gas or cup of coffee when they ask permission.

It would not likely be on their way, but I am about 35 miles south east of the base. They would be welcome to stage them at my place in Berks Co.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am waiting for my sons to log on and check this but thanks so much for all the offers. They are taking them to Johns place in Delta but I was just thinking if they can save some miles and time on Friday it would be good for them. I may just have them run them all the way to Johns to make the thing final and ensure if any problems come up they have time to deal with them.

Noah and Christian where are you?

JohnFire

Ok folks when are you all planning on going out saturday. This week has become a little more hectic than I wanted, and am also working sunday and have a banquet saturday night so I can come out saturday to play for awhile. If anyone is comming up I 81 the exit 90 loves truck stop has the best price. Almost all of them have dropped a penny except the one here in town. They haven't changed thier price in a month.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks