• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OFFICIAL 08' RAUSCH CREEK SIGNUP THREAD!!

scooter01922

RE: OK a couple more

yes rollman it is :) great pics guys, can't wait to see more of em. I have gotta make it next year, and i will even if i have to ride a bike the whole darned way !!!!!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: OK a couple more

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
Awesome next year LORD....
We're gonna hold you to this, David! In your retirement, we expect you to be driving your M1031 maintenance truck back and forth to all these rallies...with your sons in tow! :)

I reckon No.2Diesel is working, catching up on the few days he had to take off work. He didn't get back until Monday night, so he missed 2 days of work. I'm sure he'll post the pics when he gets a chance.

Rickyoday

RE: More RC 2008 . . .

Thanks for the pics Andy! I don't understand why every time I see pics I'm supposed to be in, I only see some old, fat, bald guy? Anyways...that was one steep downhill by the power lines. When we got out of the trucks afterwards, it sounded like someone pulled a cork out of a wine bottle when I stood up! Talk about your "pucker factor"!

bob b

event details

what does the event entail is it a a terrain endever only is i like a regular m.v. rally with extras would like to know more details thanks bob b

LanceRobson

Last year was my first visit. I think it was the second year SSers got together there.

The driving force behind the rally is trail driving and friendship. The trails are rocky and often wet. If my memory is correct, we assembled there late AM, got the rudiments of a camp set up, stripped all the bows, seat racks etc out of the deuces and went for a ride. On Saturday, there was an AM run followed by a lunch break and a more challenging PM ride.

During the weekend there were deuces, 5-tons, an M1009, an M1008, an M37 and an early jeep.

There was no planned swap meet as such but some horse trading was done. Since more of us know each other now I'd guess there'll be more of that this year.

I'm kind of up in the air as to what you mean by "extras" but if you are asking if there are any services more sophisticated than a porta-potty then, no there are no extras.

Folks pitched tents or slept in their trucks. Everybody did their own thing for chow although there was some communal cooking.

Based on headcount and interest, I'd be willing to bring a smoker and BBQ some critter parts.

There's a 2009 thread you may want to subscribe to.

Lance

bobisgod

ATTENTION! THE FORUM MEMBER WHO ATTENDS WITH A MILITARY VEHICLE, TRAVELING THE FARTHEST DISTANCE GETS TO WHEEL FOR FREE FOR THE WEEKEND!!!(its on me)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rally is October 10,11,12; Less than 2 months and counting! SIGN UP NOW! :eek:

Please read all current and previous Rally related threads!!

(I need to know who is attending to determine Convoy routes and schedule)

For those attending please post in this thread in LIST FORMAT:

-Your screen name (+how many guests)
-Home State
-Military Vehicle(s) you are bringing
-Whether you are attending for the Weekend or Day
-Whether you are convoying with the group or not
-What special item(s) or supplies bringing to share(like a cooking grate, hint,hint :wink: )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post will be edited into the format below keep the information current, accurate and easy to read without having to scroll througheveryone's posts. Thanks. All other questions, comments & discussion should be reserved for the main thread.

2nd Annual Steel Soldiers Military Vehicle Rally at Rausch Creek 2008 Attendees

-------Name---------Home State-------Military Vehicle-------Duration----Convoying-----Special Item(s)

1.) No.2Diesel +1------New York-----M35A2, M923, WillysMB---Weekend--------Yes-----------Beer,Firewood,Spare Parts
2.) maddawg308------Virginia--------------M35A2, M332---------Weekend--------Yes-----------Chowbox, comm radios
3.) NewMVGuy---------New Jersey---------M35A2, M105A2------Weekend--------Yes-----------Firewood, towbar, spare parts
4.) Docthrush----------Pennsylvania-------M35A2, M725----------Weekend-------Maybe-------Stocked Ambulance
5.) Srjeeper------------Pennsylvania-------M35A2, M105----------Weekend--------Yes----------1KWGen, towbar, firewood
6.) Jakelc15 +6--------Maryland------------M35A2, CivTJ----------Weekend--------Yes-----------Firewood
7.) M37Dodge +2-----Pennsylvania--------M37---------------------Weekend--------Yes----------Grate, Stuff
8.) Johnfire-------------Pennsylvania--------M1009 CUCV-----------To be det.-------No-----------Stuff
9.) PaFarmer +?-------Pennsylvania--------M35A2, Civ4x4---------Weekend-------Maybe------Stuff
10.) JayJetSeck--------Pennsylvania--------M35A2, M105----------Fri.-Sat.---------Yes----------Possible Pig
11.) Scooter01922----Massachusetts-------M35A2------------------Weekend--------Yes---------Effort to attend is enough
12.) blackout-----------New Jersey----------M1028------------------Weekend--------Yes---------Stuff
13.) burt gummers----Pennsylvania--------M35A2, or himself-----To be det.-------Maybe-----Stuff
14.) LanceRobson-----New York-----M35A2,M105, CUCV 08'or09'--Wknd.---------Yes--------Too much stuff! :wink:
15.) rfischba1----------Maryland------------M1009, 101 trailer------Weekend--------Yes--------Stuff
16.) RhinoMike---------Pennsylvania-- M35A2 ,TowRig,Rock Buggy--Wknd.----------No---------Everything
17.) 86M10086.2L-----New York-------------M1008, M416-----------Weekend-------Yes--------Stuff
18.) Armyman's Son+1--Maryland-----CivJp(Grt.White Shark)--Wknd.--------------Yes----------?
19.) OLDCHEV4X4 Pennsylvania---------Civvy 69' Blazer---------Weekend-------No--------Cooking grate, pots & pans , Beer
20.) RickyOday-------Pennsylvania----------XM818-------------------Saturday-------No------------?
21.)bobisgod+3 ------------pennsylvania-----m998,civ yj-----TBD-----convoying---meat ,ice

No.2Diesel

Hahaha woaah! You wanna sign up for THIS years RC Rally Oct. 22-25th :-D It might be nice though, to go back in time to re-live the experience. :p

I have yet to post a signup sheet for the 09 Rally. I'll start it in August. I'll put you at the top of the list!!

I look forward to seeing your HMMV on the trails.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks