• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodywood

Private
had a great time as usual!in gatlinburg till monday or tuesday for my buddies wedding tomorrow then back to dancyville tn truck seems to be doing fine!

sandcobra164

Mark, Very nice meeting yourself and Jeff (Dumpster). No hard feelings about the rough (In My Opinion) supposed to be nice and easy trail that I took my Cave CUCV down. Scratches buff out or get painted over, and it must not have bottomed out too hard as nothing is leaking. It did the 40 mile or so round trip to the VFW and about 90 or so miles back to the house. I just hated just bumps and scratches with a truck that just past 3700 actual miles. I also enjoyed riding in the back of your truck with Russ Saturday morning.

Joseph

Jon_H

Thanks to all involved in organizing, it is an outstanding event and can't wait for next year!!

Cheers to all of you :beer:
Jon

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There will prob be an After Action Review (AAR) thread posted soon.

The feedback provided helps improve future rallies so be honest if you have an issue but keep it constructive (my truck fell in a big hole won't work).

We hope everybody enjoyed the food. I know we need to work on the timing of meals but Mike and I are the only full time employees......we have several core volunteers that assist us and we appreciate them.

I consider the GA Rally to be a "working vaccation" and I enjoy doing the cooking as much as ya'll enjoy eating it.

I have some ideas that I will talk over with Mike and see if we can make meal time more consistant.

Thanks to those who supported my t-shirt venture......I sold all but 37 of the 240 I had (I ordered 250 but I gave some away to special friends and the National Guard guys that brought the vehicles to the rally and on the convoy).

We bought the tent that was set up by the MKT (thanks for the deal Streamline) and next year the National Guard guys are going to allow me to sign for some chairs to use in the dining tent. Streamline is going to bring another one the same size to add to that one and that should give us plenty of sit down room for enjoying meals.

Also thanks to all those that joined us in the Hardball Convoy........everything went great and we got good support from Durhamtown and the local LEO's.

Next year we may do a convoy to a closer place and take lunch with us and have a picnic.....this would allow for longer morning and evening trail rides.

I met some new friends and got to see the "usual suspects" that have been attending for the last three years.

Elmo is still getting over the tramatic "Gimpy episode" by the fire and with some therepy and meds he should be fine by next year.

Elmo says "the GA Rally is a hoot".

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just got Squirt, Little Truck and Baby Mule unloaded, and put to bed. Hope y'all enjoyed the trail riding, even the trip around the race course (twice..... oops..) Saturday night. Rats..we did not even get a major happening ant the new hills. But I see some of the group found them, most excellent. We still did not get into the west section of the west park....
Thank you for a wonderful job leading, and most importantly, keeping tabs on everyone riding.

196thprober

Sure wish my yankee A$$ wasn't 1,000 miles North; I would love to be able to come and meet/have some fun with you guys (if you would let me). Looks like an absolute blast with some great folks! Oh well......................

Grandmasta Chuck Da Wrench

northfork

I had a great time. I've never seen so many vehicles in a day. I talked to quite a few nice folks, spent some money on some items I didn't know I needed until I saw them, got a snatch block for a nice price, found someone who was glad to take a bucket of used motor oil, and dropped off about a 1/3 truck load of firewood. Wish I could have stayed for Saturday night - I'm sure a good time was had by all. I hope to be out the next year for more time. Oh yeah... Thanks to everyone who set this up and helped out at the rally.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got Squirt, Little Truck and Baby Mule unloaded, and put to bed. Hope y'all enjoyed the trail riding, even the trip around the race course (twice..... oops..) Saturday night. Rats..we did not even get a major happening ant the new hills. But I see some of the group found them, most excellent. We still did not get into the west section of the west park....
Thanks much for letting me ride several times in your M37! I really enojoyed it and thanks for your work on the trails. I finally got home after a 3-1/2 hour drive and only broke down once on the return trip in my A3. I broke down twice on the way down. Still haven't completely unloaded. I need to get some help to unload the NOS A3 hood I got from Carnac.

Last edited:

Jimma

It was a great rally. Saw many old friends and made a few new ones as well. Also, had a few hair raising moments on some of the trails.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
If i can say one thing for next year that shouldent need to be said! On trail rides we have people who are experts at recovering a stuck truck. Everyone else should stand clear and let them do what needs to be done SAFELY with out having to worry about people geting hurt. If Mark is directing a pull out DON'T run up and grab the chain or tell the driver to do somthing diffrent. Mark and Dumptruck are in charge on the trails. lets all be safe and have fun, but dont make there job harder by not fallowing the rules. If you are walking by a truck make sure the driver sees you befor walking in front or behind the truck. We need to be safe out there. It will only take one accedent , lets not let that happen please. we can fik trucks it is a lot harder to fix people! ok ill shut up now.:soapbox:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, so what was the OFFICIAL vehicle count, with and without traillers? I never saw it posted anywhere? or did I just miss it?

Your mule was .....wait for it...........number 75.

Just kidding.

They are keeping it a secret until the AAR.

;-)

Good to meet you.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If i can say one thing for next year that shouldent need to be said! On trail rides we have people who are experts at recovering a stuck truck. Everyone else should stand clear and let them do what needs to be done SAFELY with out having to worry about people geting hurt. If Mark is directing a pull out DON'T run up and grab the chain or tell the driver to do somthing diffrent. Mark and Dumptruck are in charge on the trails. lets all be safe and have fun, but dont make there job harder by not fallowing the rules. If you are walking by a truck make sure the driver sees you befor walking in front or behind the truck. We need to be safe out there. It will only take one accedent , lets not let that happen please. we can fik trucks it is a lot harder to fix people! ok ill shut up now.:soapbox:

To new and old drivers alike, another safety tip.

Not like I'm some expert (like Ferro) but when you go through a mud hole two things to remember:

A. WAIT for assured clear distance on the other side.
B. Move your vehicle out of the way AFTER you are through.

If you don't wait you might not make it through when you lose momentum in the hole AND you may cause someone to lose momentum if you are in the way when other drivers are trying to come through.

It's even more important at night. Getting out of the way isn't just so someone else can show off, it might keep an accident from happening.

Makincold

Your mule was .....wait for it...........number 75.

Just kidding.

They are keeping it a secret until the AAR.

;-)

Good to meet you.

Ohhhhh.... that was soooooo funny..... rofl

Great to meet you too! I have patience to wait... I think... Where is that ARR anyway.... :drool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks