• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2011 SS Ga Rally Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil2968

Cool map, you goin to lamninate some to give out to drivers. Sixspeed did that for us for our Richloam trail rides. Works great, just don't let him read the map!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris that badge looks official, I have an ATF shield you could put on it.

Its a small gold one. Call you Special agent Oddball.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the most part, I will be printing nametags at the site. I pre-printed a bunch last year at work, this year I have my own printer. I'm also considering having the 3 Level Logo stickers at the entry point for purchase. A suggestion was made to have Steel Soldiers in smaller print and making the screen names more prominent. I think I'm going to do that. I'm also going to try to incorporate the new artwork into the printer but no promises. CARNAC, what is your position on using a different color headlight dot for each day? I'll bring them as well.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
How many trucks are we thinking will be there? I'm bringing an A2 and an A3.
75 powered vehicles ( meaning we didn't count equipment or trailers) last year.

We are estimating 85-100 this year.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These are one of my contributions to the rally. I will print them for anyone in attendance. Right now the plan is to have my laptop and printer at the entry point as long as I can keep it powered.

McCrackin

I plan on attending for the first time, thought I might bring my M816 wrecker, if there is a need for such a truck. We are about to disassemble it for a full restoration so scratching it up now won't bother me.

Attachments

poppop

The wrecker would be a great help. 73m819, Ron, wrecked his wrecker on the way to last years Rally. It is not fixed yet. We have one other member with a knuckle boom on a Duece that transfers all the goodies from truck to truck. I am sure things would go a lot quicker with another wrecker and maybe the guys loading could enjoy more of the Rally.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I plan on attending for the first time, thought I might bring my M816 wrecker, if there is a need for such a truck. We are about to disassemble it for a full restoration so scratching it up now won't bother me.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This would be a tremendous help.

Every year, several of our swap meet sellers/buyers have something BIG to move and it's always been an adventure. One year we had to borrow a tracked skid steer from Durhamtown to load a trailer into a dropside deuce and another year, the guys managed to move a canned multifuel from one deuce to another using broomsticks and grease*

We have one heavy lift vehicle coming (PB's excellent Deuce with knuckleboom hoist) but we'd like to have 2 lift capable vehicles confirmed so that we have a backup. If PB is the only guy bringing a lift truck and he has mechanical troubles, then we're high and dry.

If you end up using your truck for lift ops, I am sure we can get rally attendees to donate some fuel to your thirsty 816.

:beer: <-some of that as well.

Thanks for the offer

*I can not verify this really happened this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks