• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2012 Haspin Rally Multimedia Thread

eagle4g63

What no night shots of the tow truck at night? Need to see the glow in the woods. It was great to meet you!
I know...I know......NO CAMERA with me for the night rideaua

BUT in my defense I was told by the leader we were ONLY going for a "little ride around the main loop".......I believe those were the words you(I mean he) used :mrgreen:

And only 3 wrecked trucks latter(4 if you count the non ss member that flagged us down for a little misshap they had) we returned a mere 5 or so hours and I have no pics with a good camera.....

wait I did take a few with my piece of S&*! camera phone!! let me look

Last edited by a moderator:

eagle4g63

Muahahahah I have proof of Adams "modifications" to his 818 :twisted:

Again...sorry for the poor pics but I KNOW some one else had a better phone that also got a few pics from the side.

Yes that is Angie (??? I believe, forgive me if I got the name wrong) under the back wheels (they were a mere 3' off the ground)....we were trying to get her a grease gun so she could pm the rear of the truck :grin:

PS I have pics so it DID HAPPEN!!!!!!

Attachments

eagle4g63

Ok back to the trail.

Sorry I don't remember your name, but this guys truck is amazing!!! absolutely beautiful. I didn't manage to get any pics of his kid....but he rode his little dirt bike on EVERY trail the trucks went down!!!!

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Rob, your truck with the lights is great! but no one wanted to be right behind you, because out on the trails we get blinded following your truck. A suggestion for next year would be wire and switch the rear facing ones separately. 2cents

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure looks like ya'll had a great time.
Clinto...I do have several river runs for the Georgia Rally, looks like I gotta take the kids down to them this year......

Bring straps and gear........

xtsix

well, i didnt get any good trail pics, but i have some pics of my truck after making contact with sparkys deuce. rember folks, check the little pinch bolt that holds the e brake cable housing on the trans. (yes the one that is an absolute pain to get to) mine sheared causing the truck to run head long into sparky, im just glad noone was hurt. thank you to everybody who helped, both mentaly and physically. and especially gimpy who had a radiator for me, and strech who had a fan. the truck ran great all the way home.

Attachments

rbeasley66

The XM818 had to be loaded under the cover of dusk for its return trip to protect it from the prying eyes of the locals and the overhead satellites.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is Adam (Ferro) discovering that he and JP (EMD567) were not going to get to play "choo-choo" with the 1008 because of a mechanical problem.
yes, that made us very sad. Dang it Bobby!

Someone, *MATT, cough cough* backed the truck up and hit a ginormous log, which broke the clevis from the actuating cylinder for the rail gear. It could have been field repaired, but the RR guy was only available right then to ride. We will just have to get it repaired, and bring it next year to try again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks