• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where are you from? You must be from the North. Because in the south we eat collard greens and fried cabbage at least 3 times a week. They stick in all the right places. You are not a true southern without eating green collards and drinking sweet tea. :-D

Hey Papa Bear We will cook the Chitterlin right near his area give something to really complain about. :tank:
I was borned and raised right here in beautiful Aiken SC. Just one step down heaven.............Just never acquired the taste for collards or cabbage. I also don't like sweet tea, and the sight or smell of grits/oatmeal makes me puke. However, I have been to the Sally(SC) chittlin strut, and that doesn't phase me one bit......:naner:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the menu for dinner, and on what days? I am starting to plan my meals, and I don't want to miss out on chilimac, or steak

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the menu for dinner, and on what days? I am starting to plan my meals, and I don't want to miss out on chilimac, or steak
Somehow in my simple mind, MKT and Steak don't jive. Steak seems like the last thing troops would eat in the field. Salisbury Steak maybe.

michigandon

I was borned and raised right here in beautiful Aiken SC. Just one step down heaven.............Just never acquired the taste for collards or cabbage. I also don't like sweet tea, and the sight or smell of grits/oatmeal makes me puke. However, I have been to the Sally(SC) chittlin strut, and that doesn't phase me one bit......:naner:
There are some things about this region that I will NEVER get used to. :roll:

Whiterabbit

Somehow in my simple mind, MKT and Steak don't jive. Steak seems like the last thing troops would eat in the field. Salisbury Steak maybe.
Oh no. When we'd do a 30 or 45 day field exercise back in the day, the last dinner in the field would be steak! That would motivate you to tear down the camp to go back in with a quickness!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Oh no. When we'd do a 30 or 45 day field exercise back in the day, the last dinner in the field would be steak! That would motivate you to tear down the camp to go back in with a quickness!
Gosh...in my units all we got the last day was a cold C-Ration or MRE cause the cooks and HQ's folks left the day before!!

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was the Rations Driver for a Signal unit in Germany back in the 70's how well you ate depended on how good the Mess Sgt. was at running his account. You would eat a lot of chicken, liver, veal and cheaper cuts of meat all month and once or twice a month we would have steak dinners. These were often in conjucntion with a special event like promotion ceremonies or Change of Commands. My Mess Sgt. was a genius on how to stretch a buck and we ate very well. Often we were "force issued" rations that were sub-standard and just plain nasty (but they didn't cost anything). Powdered eggs and milk and a lot of dehydrated veggies like onions, potatoes and cabbage. Staff Sgt. Jones ("JJ" to us flunkys) could take all that crap and make great food out of it. He taught me to make SOS, real pan gravy and other stuff that I still prepare occasionally. There were dishes you could count on every week to include Chili-Mac, Beef Yakisoba (sp), chicken pot pie, and other casserole dishes that fed a lot of people but were cheap to produce. I guess that's why I enjoy working with Mike and the MKT gang.....it brings back memories of my mis-spent youth.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls! We are getting right close to that finger and toe counting number. Heck, some of you may have 23 fingers and toes, Some may only have 15. Anyways, 23 days until the official start of 2013 SGR. $25 a day until rally time gets you just over $500. Don't ya wish you would have started saving when it was $10 a day.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls! We are getting right close to that finger and toe counting number. Heck, some of you may have 23 fingers and toes, Some may only have 15. Anyways, 23 days until the official start of 2013 SGR. $25 a day until rally time gets you just over $500. Don't ya wish you would have started saving when it was $10 a day.
But Sir!!!
I started saving when we left the rally compound last year but stuff keeps happening!! The tax man cometh and taketh!!

I wonder if Mike can take food stamps at the MKT??

AMGeneral

Well,It was bound to happen

The major "project" that I have been running the crane on daily has been extended to Oct 15th,so it's a 50/50 chance that I may not make the GA rally again this year.

Spicy

I guess I will put streamline back on the corner and Pray for a Miracle. LOL

Whiterabbit

The days are flying!
Just got the brake MC installed and STILL waiting on that freak'n head gasket!
"Stay calm and carry on"
Got to go sell my blood again, 3 times a day will make you feel light headed.........:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks