• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, got in last night just before 11. There are already signs up about the place. I'm getting ready to head to my brothers house. Quite a few folks were up last night for the greeting. I'll take pics but can't post them from this tablet. Jonette, ever price fudge? That stuff costs more than a top qquality steak.

100acre

I need some sort of edumicated guess on what kind of head count to yall think might kinda be around in body not spirt on Wed night for eating some Low-country Boil. If we could please gather the all seeing CARNAC 's help with this we might or might not be even in the ball park. I just want make sure we have plenty to go around. I know this is a total shot in the dark but someone more intune with the head count might have a beter idea or not. I dont remember how many we had last year. I think it was 25-35 or so.

As of now I believe there are currently approximately 25 persons in residence upon the field of big green machines.

michigandon

I need some sort of edumicated guess on what kind of head count to yall think might kinda be around in body not spirt on Wed night for eating some Low-country Boil. If we could please gather the all seeing CARNAC 's help with this we might or might not be even in the ball park. I just want make sure we have plenty to go around. I know this is a total shot in the dark but someone more intune with the head count might have a beter idea or not. I dont remember how many we had last year. I think it was 25-35 or so.
I'm hoping to be there for it!

It was one of the high points from last year.

TMNT

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info thread

Y'all keep the updates and pics coming. I wish I was there watching the sun come up with you instead of sitting in the ATL airport heading to Florida, but duty calls. I have to go walk around and talk to strangers for a couple days before I can get in the truck and roll to D'Town. The next two days will be H E Double L, because I'll be bored out of my mind and wanting to GO!

The truck is loaded and ready to roll and I've got my son on guard duty to make sure it stays ready to go. I told him to be packed up and ready to go on a moments notice. My flight gets back to ATL at 21:35 Wednesday night, which puts me home about 23:30. I plan to roll out at 04:00 Thursday morning.

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just another wonderful day at the Ga SS rally. Much cooler, with a wind strong enough to keep the biting bugs down. Over night, the Morgans and Kenny showed up, and Carnac just now pulled in.

We are starting to get a rally........

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I need some sort of edumicated guess on what kind of head count to yall think might kinda be around in body not spirt on Wed night for eating some Low-country Boil.
The Boss Lady and I will be there plus two hungry possums (to be fair they will prob eat scraps being possums and all). I'd figure on 50 minimum. Trust me, I had your feast last year and there will be no leftovers no matter how much you bring.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning Rally Fans! Please find attached a quick 2 page handout that you may want to print with details on the Rally and bring with you!

Attachments

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Menu is somewhat misleading for breakfast...there will be eggs, bacon, grits etc. The complete menu may be posted at the MKT......just sayin.
Thank you WM, I missed that. flyer has been updated for correct menu. I did not type originally :)

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DH and I will be there by then.

walkerhunter

OK here is the question folks. I have a 2 friends who want to attend the rally they both have razors the polaris side by sides. Can they trail ride along with the big trucks.? I was thinking no big deal but I wanted to know my facts

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I personally don't see a problem with it as long as they remember were driving large trucks and may not be able to see them if they get too close and stay back and away from deuce and 5 tons

michigandon

I personally don't see a problem with it as long as they remember were driving large trucks and may not be able to see them if they get too close and stay back and away from deuce and 5 tons
Heck, somebody took a lifted gold cart on the trails with us last year. If Common Horse Sense is exercised, everything should be cool.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Heck, somebody took a lifted gold cart on the trails with us last year. If Common Horse Sense is exercised, everything should be cool.
Corey and I took a non-lifted golf cart out on the trails last year as well.

I never claimed to be smart though. :patracy:

dangerfieldinc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a lifted cart that I took on most of the rides and it worked very well like it was mentioned just remember your place in the world of gross tonnage

Status
Not open for further replies.