• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2013 SS Georgia Rally Info SSGR13 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Latest forecast shows 40 % Sunday 30 Monday. I would not get too excited about rain. Rally time is beautiful weather

Whiterabbit

Yep, weather channel says real nice weather during the rally! Mid 70's during the day, mid to low 50's at night. The place should be great, some mud here and there but not a swamp.
Just did a pre loadup test fit. It all fits! (kind'a)
Got to bleed to brakes once more. I'd like to stop when I get there Thursday noonish. :driver:

RAYZER

Hey guys! I've been working real hard getting ready to go, one more day to wrap up a bunch of loose ends.
Wife and I Will be leaving central Fl on sat morning with the Taj in tow, heading up I-95 and spending the night in Savannah Georgia, then on to DT on sun.
I look so foward to the r&r and comrodery at this years supreme Ga rally!

zout

Just remember - RAIN sends the snakes to the porta johns to get dry and warm around them nice warm stools. Be sure to bring a LONG stick with you and knock on the porta john several times BEFORE entering.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is great to see everyone's excitement and and all the hard work in preparation for the Rally is winding down. We are now at 123 hours and counting down.

In a few days we will gather together as the 2013 Georgia Rally Steel Soldiers Family. As with any family we may have our differences of opinion and views but all have to live together.

The Rally has always prided itself as a family event that demonstrates the true spirit of Steel Soldiers.

· Helpful
· Supportive
· Respectful
· Trustworthy

Personally with all that is happening recently with our nation’s government and society, I look forward to all the positive experiences that the Rally will bring in the next few days.

We would like to set a few expectations for everyone.

1.) No Drinking and Driving

2.) No Open Carry Fire Arms

3.) No Firearms Sales

4.) No Blaring music, excessive horns blowing etc.

5.) No Speeding or Reckless driving

The Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally is a Family Friendly Event. Violators will be asked to leave.

God Speed and Safe Travels to Everyone!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just remember - RAIN sends the snakes to the porta johns to get dry and warm around them nice warm stools. Be sure to bring a LONG stick with you and knock on the porta john several times BEFORE entering.

When reading Commanders Z's snake posts please read his signature that clearly states

"per swiss multi talented and full of chit"

sandcobra164

I'm in the same boat Joe, and I've made a personal choice to just skip out on it and take the furlough. I'll get 3 days of pay for this week that my fellow workers won't get, so I call it even. Hopefully it is cleared up soon but I've got all my plans in place and really need this for my own mental health (I know I will wear myself out physically, I always do!)

I totally understand you have to do what's right for you and your family. It just sucks that you have to make a decision at all. If you don't make it believe me, you will be missed.
Adam,
I'll be there on Friday night if things don't clear up before then. I appreciate your kind words and you know that I'll do what's right for my family. I'd like to stick to my plans as you are but I'm in a single income household and skipping work would be a NO GO at the moment. We're actually sitting pretty good monetary wise and I almost bought a 5 ton from Atlanta today but the real Boss of the house said "Take it easy". I have to sleep in the same bed with her, ya'll would probably kick me out of the bed for rolling around too much. I did hate not bidding into the 3's on a M923A2 that was running though. It's a tough life I suppose but I'm comfy with it. Lee is an awesome wife and does a great job with the boys so I'm good.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They put out today that I can take annual leave and sick leave during the ****down, and just make sure I kept track of my hours and leave for repayment when this is over. But that's Air Force.

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is great to see everyone's excitement and and all the hard work in preparation for the Rally is winding down. We are now at 123 hours and counting down.

In a few days we will gather together as the 2013 Georgia Rally Steel Soldiers Family. As with any family we may have our differences of opinion and views but all have to live together.

The Rally has always prided itself as a family event that demonstrates the true spirit of Steel Soldiers.

· Helpful
· Supportive
· Respectful
· Trustworthy

Personally with all that is happening recently with our nation’s government and society, I look forward to all the positive experiences that the Rally will bring in the next few days.

We would like to set a few expectations for everyone.

2.) No Open Carry Fire Arms

God Speed and Safe Travels to Everyone!
O boy you going to have a hard time with this one with Spicy! She purchased two guns this year and she said she was going to be packing this year at the MKT tent!!!!! :grd:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Much as I would love to open carry at the rally it just is not possible. Too many people are offended and some are even scared when they see someone doing it, especially someone they do not know. The staff had complaints about it and in their defense I can see their point after last year.

Keep firearms safely stored and locked away when not in use at the firing range. Please.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A bump for everyone to go back and read the formerly reserved posts for updated information and rules.

Thank you

zout

Swiss - some of us have LESS than 123 hrs before show time - :naner:should be out there late tonight hitting the DZ.
Sat morning if anyone wants I can send some pics off my phone if they wish to post them ??

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bobby,
It's no OPEN carry, just cause there are lumps in unusual places, should not imply firearms are present or not. Every LEO that is at the rally will have at least one on them at all times, but unless one knows where to look, they will not be noticed.

ODDBALL007

Bobby,
It's no OPEN carry, just cause there are lumps in unusual places, should not imply firearms are present or not. Every LEO that is at the rally will have at least one on them at all times, but unless one knows where to look, they will not be noticed.
What if you have a cwp?

Status
Not open for further replies.