• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2014 SS Ga. Rally buy/sell/trade thread

Whiterabbit

If anyone needs military lantern parts let me know. I have alot of the small parts, glass and wrenches. I can look n see if I have what you need to fix yours.
100_2900.jpg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, technical post.

I worked my butt off the last few weeks (good "getting into shape" exercises) helping to get the workshop of our son reorganized. Once ready and secured, he can work on his larger projects and I can store the M51 there and finally start working on it. Its almost ready and maybe before I depart I will have to do some work with the M51A2 there as well, but no way in either Divine or anti-Divine space will I be able to get the truck on blocks and start pulling stuff to look how good or bad it is.

So at the Rally, I have to figure out what I really need and then balance $$ and weight and repair priorities. I will put up the bare list at the buy/sell thread, but give the full version here as some reading stuff and would like some feedback.

1) Steering. See thread on this. Servo pump is OK, left turning also but right turning takes a lot of strength and feels like a washboard even after cleaning and redoing the control valve assembly. New bearings and maybe better cogwheels?

2) Brakes. I am going to pull at least the front brake drums to check out and redo the cylinders, probably all of them. Do I need new seals and/or bearings or is just packing enough?

3) Brakes II: making the dual system. The rally is an ideal place to pick up stuff to realize this. Main items needed are the second air pack (already in process) and a second MC OR a modern dual MC. Anybody a defensible (as in specification details why etc) idea which make of modern dual MC could fulfill this role

4) Engine Kill goes very hard, rod does not want to go out, once out does not springs back. I already broke the original cable. Standard cleaning/de-rusting job or known problem?

5) Air hammer and wheel nut sockets. I got a heavy duty air hammer with I think a 3/4 tip. Do air hammer sockets exist for the 5-ton M5x series tires? Especially the square one for the inner nut? If not, I need a wheel nut wrench and just cut it up and weld the parts to a suitable adapter.

Undoubtedly I will think of other problems, lets start with this. Thanks.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At the Rally, I have to figure out what I really need to restore our M51A2 and then balance $$ and weight and repair priorities. I have a 50 lbs limit, everything over costs me $150.

What I would like is mentioned below. Please understand that I cannot take firm decisions yet as per the above mentioned reasons. I will update the list as I think of more I need.

1) engine kill cable 5-ton multi-fuel (just to keep it historically correct).

2) second MC

3) second airpack. Offers under consideration but I am still doubting between using a used one directly, redoing an old one or buying a new one. The outcome depends very much on how much I have to spend on the other goodies I need.

4) cogwheels, bearings, other stuff to repair the steering.

5) canvas cargo tarp for an M51 dump truck (price and weight probably will be prohibiting)

Are there professional vendors at the rally who sell things like brake revision sets, fan belts, bearings, etc, or does that have to be ordered as well?

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone has the vinyl coated M-2 50cal covers I could use 3 (maybe more) if they aren't priced at gold value.
Are you bringing my KC-18 so I can pickup at the Rally :) I dont need the engine fixed, we will fix that.

amgeneral72

Papabear you might be in luck. I believe I threw a few vinyl 50 covers in the semi trailer. My wife has the list so Ill have to get back with you on how many and how much.

mdmorganwife

We will have lots of goodies for sale. To much to list. We'll have an M105a2 for sale, with front, side and rear rack with cover. It has led lights. Perfect to load all the treasures you find at the rally. Everything will be priced to sell.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the random stuff I need to part with.

I'll have a box of misc parts including:
NOS deuce intake cap
Nice tail light guts
A couple used incandescent tail lights
A couple front marker lights
Various deuce gauges
Misc hardware

Complete functional field safe with combination $250
New 100ft roll of 5/16" EDPM rubber cord (super rope) $70
2 x PVS-14 ammo cans (tall .50) $20 each
NOS Metal USGI toolbox $25
Unmarked US type red metal jerry can $15
Peltor Comtac headset with case $75
Military type Panasonic CF-19 toughbook convertible tablet/laptop with a bunch of extras $600
Maxabeam handheld rechargeable spotlight deluxe kit $400

Last edited:

hardimpact

I was moving around my trailer today and had it turned a little too sharp, bent the overflow bowl and cap on the top of the surge brake. Anybody have one? I will be arriving Friday afternoon/evening.
Thanks,

Scott

vinny-socom1

Just picked up a load of goodies in NC and my trailer is loaded fully so its staying that way and I will bring it to the rally and uncover it for the first time there!

Whats on trailer and how much im asking for it all!

Small to large items:

Jerry can Tripods NEW some with box some without! Asking $15.00 each No Box $20.00 each with box
View attachment 519281Not actual picture of my tripods but same ones! Mine look to be the taller ones too!

Jerry Fuel Cans 51 cans in all.
Used rougher or prop cans $20.00 each
Used Lighter rust Good Condition $40.00 each
New Will open box of 5 at rally first time $75.00 each ( Only 10 Available New )
View attachment 519282Not actual picture of my cans one i found on internet but same lid on my cans!

German Food storage containers! These are cool! Don't know much about these but they have a internal removable
food container and come with Dipping spoon and ladle! Found only one online and it was on eBay mid summer and
sold for $100.00 plus shipping. These look like a Jerry can when you first see them!
Look to be New never used a few are dated in the 60's
Asking $70.00 on these I have nine some with one container and some with 3 containers in side them
View attachment 519283Picture found on internet but same can.

New Hardigg Medical Containers with wheels w/ storage containers in them
Asking $125.00 These are going for over $85 each on GL.
View attachment 519284View attachment 519285

2 NEW Type 4 Camo Netting in Bag 1 Hex and 1 Diamond with repair kit! Only 2 available
Asking $250.00 each

View attachment 519293Not actual picture of netting...:0)

Surgical or Medical tables:
Asking $150.00
View attachment 519295

Cambro with food server trays: ( These I may or May not bring if nobody's interested! )
Asking $125.00
View attachment 519296

New Medical Metal Chests with Drawer insert available! Insert also new!
Medium Container $65.00
Large Container $80
Add New Insert $80.00
View attachment 519298 View attachment 519301

3 11x11 Command post tents all with like new Frames.....Well supposed to be will check at rally
Used dirty needs TLC Shape $450.00
Used Good Shape $550.00
Mostly all New but has Used door wall and roof both in good condition $650.00
View attachment 519303 Not actual picture this is one of my pictures I used a few years ago!

Also PLEASE update my contact info for yall that keeps up with me! Im NO longer using email from Bobby@usarmytent.com My new address is Bobby@MilitaryFieldGear.com or Sales@MilitaryFieldGear.com. Phone number still same! 706-795-5979

Also unless anyone gets hold of me needing AMMO CANS other than those of you that already have, I may not have any cans much available at rally because Im the ones that are pre sold are taking up most of my trailer! If i need more I can make arrangements but if nobody does I will just bring what I can!
Bobby put me down for a tripod set up.

Vinny

Chief_919

I have an A/C kit with heater, exactly like the one Zout put in a deuce- $350 still in the crate in boxes. The crate sat outside for a little while but the other one I opened to use that was sitting next to it all the stuff in the boxes was just fine as they are sealed in plastic. Again asking $350 obo. Prepay for a better deal.

I also have a good take off hydraulic head for an LDT $200

NOS m939 series 5 ton step brackets $20 a pair. Could be used on other trucks and for tool boxes etc

M936, m816, m543 wrecker contol valve body. Worked great no leaks or leakdown $250

M936, m816, m543 wrecker winch and rotation motor, $300

M1941 tent camp stoves- almost totally complete. Some missing grate shaker or dampner, with flue pipe $40 also have the liquid fuel burner kit NOS for $20
I will take any of the tent stoves you have left.

Artisan

Thank U MWMules and if a West Coaster wanted to fly in might the
closest Airport be Atlanta or is there another/better?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks