• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2017 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally buy-sell-trade thread

TheBigOldSarge

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good shape GP Tent with storage bag and aluminum poles- 225 ; just like always up for trades.

Aluminum poles, small-8 large -20

Mr. JohnJuan, i would like to purchase your tent. Please advise. thanks james

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for the following:
New or real good condition 365/85R20 Michelin XZL tires...
I have a set of those (NEW, still mounted) but they are at Gimpy's place - and he is not coming!

Now, if we had someone from GA or TN willing to make a pre-rally trip up to his AO...... there are a couple more items there which would be needed in Durhamtown. (this thread)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Deuce Stripped cab with doors, glass, hood. - Hard Top not included - $500

M66 Gun ring with cab reinforcement in the crate NOS $2500 - Sold

M1082 LMTV Trailer with 395 XML tires and wheels installed - $1600 with no title

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
MEP802As on the trailer. Both in good working order. Come with 2 spare tires each. One reading 950hrs other has 1015hrs. $2500 each brought to the rally. BOTH ARE SOLD !!

Dual Voltage HMMWV Alternator - Good take off and tested - $450

Generator power cord $75

Goodyear AT2 - 14.00-20 - NEW on 5 ton combat wheel - cherry tire 11/2007 date code - $300 only have 1 - Sold

Goodyear Wrangler MT 37x12.50x16.5s at 85% tread. $80 each, That is a quarter in the tread.

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I will take a drivers seat cushion that fits a 809 series.

Ron,

Glad to hear you're going to make the rally, sorry to hear you got hurt.

I need to know if it is a springer or box seat. Also, if you will send me a pic of your seat, I will try to get as matching a one as possible.

Derek
423-255-6509
Springer, I do not care about matching, just as long there is no foam showing and not ripped.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Deuce Stripped cab with doors, glass, hood. - Hard Top not included - $500

M66 Gun ring with cab reinforcement in the crate NOS $2500

M1082 LMTV Trailer with 395 XML tires and wheels installed - $1600 with no title
Gun ring is sold.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Searching for 14.00 r 20s, preferably on wheels and a decent price

1974 AM General M109A3 w/Deuce Bed, White LDT, Whistler C, and soft top

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Looking for 14r20s preferably already mounted and a reasonable price
I have this new 14.00 Goodyear AT2 on the wheel. It has never touched the ground. I would drop it down to $280. Especially since you can't find any decent 14.00s hardly.

Attachments

LanceRobson

Well, this will be our first Georgia Rally and our first rally or show in the south. We sold our farm in New York two months ago and moved full time to our Stokes County, NC place. It looks like there will be several folks we know at the rally though. Since Amy is coming I suspect that my wife Nancy will be there, too. My lone remaining MV, an M923A2, is still up north so I'll be driving a dark gray Expedition and towing a light gray/silver cargo trailer. I'll put my SS name and phone number on both and on the junk....err....collectables with a patina I'm bringing.

If anyone needs anything hauled from the Winston-Salem area or from Augusta (I'll be visiting family there) let me know. I'm also going to Jim Henry's place before the show to drop off some stuff folks had for him at the the Gilbert, PA show last month so if you need anything from him let me know.

Text or PM replies are preferred to replies in the thread since I'll be checking the thread only once or twice a day and first come first served. Feel free to make an offer if you wish. Please include your SS name in any text. Please make sure that we work out when and how you will pay for and pick up your stuff and then please follow through. I get cranky when folks say they want something, I hold it back from sale and they crawl into a hole.....

I may have 20' and 50' slave cables but I'll make another post later if I will have them at the rally.

Stuff I know I'm bringing:

NATO to US two pin slave cable adapters, used, unsure how many are left, $15

2ea 30,000 BTU fuel fired personnel heaters, NOS, just the heater unit but I may have a control box, too $130 ea

1ea used 20,000 BTU multifuel personnel heater, good used take-out from my son's M109 shop truck, $90

Hot Water and Ration Heaters, 28 volt w/two heat settings and low voltage cut-out to preserve your ability to start the vehicle, 2ea NIB, 1ea New out of the box with the manual and one used. Used cable connectors are included. NIB $100, out of the box $90, used $70.

NOS 20' 3-color camo cargo cover for 20' XLWB 5-ton trucks such as the M55, M814, M927 and M928 with good condition super rope. Never been unfolded and has been stored in an S-280 shelter to keep critters away from it......, $600

2 or 3 ea Generator/welder ground rod slide hammer kits, NIB. Might have light surface rust from the auction site. Includes the slide hammer, one rod section, one connector and drive plate. $30 ea.

Ground rod sections, connectors, ground wire clamps etc. Price varies.

6CTA8.3 Cummins PacBrake 3-4000 RPM governor spring kit. NIB. This prevents the engine from reducing the fuel available when running at highway speed near the current max RPM and makes the truck a lot more drivable on hills at highway speed. Includes springs for 3000 or 4000 max RPM. $70. SOLD IF I CAN FIND IT......

6CTA-8.3 Cummins accelerator spring MWO kit to reduce the accelerator pedal pressure needed. $25. SOLD

3 gallons of silicone brake fluid (BFS). The sealed steel cans have some surface rust on the unpainted tops from sitting on our farm shop shelf for a few years. $50/gal.

1 pr 5/8" wrecker style 16' chains with a pear shaped loop at each end and a chain hook at one end. $100 each or $175 for the pair.

1ea NIB M101 trailer tailgate in green CARC. $100

1ea M939 internal transmission filter, NIB. $25

Sandbags, green poly (14x26"?) in bundles of 100 sandbags. 6 bundles available. $20/bundle ONE BUNDLE SOLD, 5 ARE AVAILABLE

1ea NOS field surgical sink set. This critter packs into a storage case, has a 120 volt foot pedal operated valve and water heater assembly and can run from a hose or water can with the included hardware. $75

And from a friend's estate I'll have a boatload of good military history books.

Assorted other parts: trailer rear anti-tip legs, starting fluid cylinders for injection systems, tow/lift shackles, inter-vehicular cables for trailers including (I think) a coil hose and cord set for tractor to trailer, assorted composite lights, new mirror heads etc.

My thanks go out to all involved with making the rally happen.

Lance

Last edited:

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're willing to ship the governor and accelerator spring kits, I'll take both. If not, no worries mate.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks