• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2017 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 18-22, 2017

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Once she figured that out that the rally was more about fellowship, on-road convoys and off-roading she understood why there weren't acres and acres of vendors and why there weren't steady bunches of military vehicle parts shoppers or the public there.
Once the rally became a "thing" (2009 ish), our overriding thought was always to make it something that everyone could enjoy.

If all you want to do is sell stuff, we've tried to encourage that by intentionally never charging for vendor spaces. Wanna' bring a 53' tractor trailer? You'll have enough room.
Wanna' set up a display for your vehicle, showing how it was used in the service? Awesome
Offroader? Go spend the entire week in the woods

I'd like the swap meet to be bigger and I'm not sure how to grow that aspect. But the rest of it is intentionally designed to be enjoyable for enthusiasts with different needs/desires.

LanceRobson

I'd like the swap meet to be bigger and I'm not sure how to grow that aspect. But the rest of it is intentionally designed to be enjoyable for enthusiasts with different needs/desires.
Personally, I won't be needing to vend anywhere near as much in the future as I just don't have to support the number and variety of vehicles I once had. And we had MV stuff in the basement we just didn't need anymore so this trip was about thinning that herd out. Future visits will be more along social lines....

Thanks again and we wish all a safe and happy holiday season.

Lance and Nancy

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Personally, I won't be needing to vend anywhere near as much in the future as I just don't have to support the number and variety of vehicles I once had. And we had MV stuff in the basement we just didn't need anymore so this trip was about thinning that herd out. Future visits will be more along social lines....
Thanks again and we wish all a safe and happy holiday season.
Lance and Nancy
That's why most of my crew attends....just to "socialize" with some REALLY good friends we only get to see once a year. We may bring a few things to sell but it's usually just stuff we want to get rid of and someone else may need/want it.

I do enjoy going from vendor to vendor and pretty much look at every single item just to make sure there's not something I ABSOLUTELY can't live without laying in wait for me.:roll:

zout

Deb carried a dog chit bag to pick up poo from our dog...thats called being courteous. But now I know someone's hates dogs all the collard poo may wind up in an A frame next year. Heck..zi might volunteer to collect all dog poo to add to the gift.

It's a dang field out in BFE.....for crying out loud.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You never know how badly you need something until you see it at the rally.
I could have made a killing selling those 1gal jerry cans that were on the trailer next to mine. and they weren't even mine but folks were coming from far and wide to ask how much I wanted for em though. Swamp would have been sad though.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, there are 10 NATO 5L cans in my contact truck with various fluids. Lots of folks have offered to buy them in the past.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could have made a killing selling those 1gal jerry cans that were on the trailer next to mine. and they weren't even mine but folks were coming from far and wide to ask how much I wanted for em though. Swamp would have been sad though.
Haha...funny stuff right there because I ended up giving them away to the first person that asked ME about them. Pctrans had a few more left across the field. That's where I had gotten those two.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Deb carried a dog chit bag to pick up poo from our dog...thats called being courteous. But now I know someone's hates dogs all the collard poo may wind up in an A frame next year. Heck..zi might volunteer to collect all dog poo to add to the gift.

It's a dang field out in BFE.....for crying out loud.
Mia had me out chasing our 6 lb poodle with a little bag that was white with little pink hearts on it, now if that don't deduct man points I don't know what does:shrugs:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Mia had me out chasing our 6 lb poodle with a little bag that was white with little pink hearts on it, now if that don't deduct man points I don't know what does:shrugs:
Man points do not apply when it comes to animals...if it DID apply, I would be wearing a dress....oh wait...:papabear:

My biggest problem with BabyBear was keeping him from "watering" the next door neighbor's CAMO net.:doh:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks