• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2018 Ga. Military Vehicle Rally info thread. Oct. 17-21, 2018

AMGeneral

Well folks, It appears I will be sitting the rally out again this year, local fellow bought my wrecked 2003 Dodge 3500 and will be taking delivery Sat morning.

Maybe next year.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, here's the story. Ron and I are at the rally site, have been since late Friday night. No internet until 4 hours ago, and it is just barely that. Gunner mac is here also. It is currently raining. Grass is not mowed yet, we will try to get that done tomorrow.
I had a mechanical break down heading to the rally. The M814 just died on I20 at 50 MPH. Called my bestest friend in the world, Ferro, and together we narrowed it down to a fuel issue. I changed the fuel filter on the road, still no go. With it getting dark, I finally gave up, and called my second besets friend, 73M819. He dropped everything, and started headed in my direction. 2 hours later, I heard the greatest sound, the sound of an open exhaust NHC250, coming to rescue me.
10 minute hook up, under the watchful eyes of a Warren county deputy, 73M819, woke up all of Greene county, towing the M814, with the M37 in the bed, and my M105 hooch back to Durhamtown. The M819 chewed 32 gallons of diesel towing the train the 35 miles to Durhamtown.
I spent Saturday chasing the problem. Started at the IP, and worked my way back. I finally check the tank, and found that the pickup tube had broken the solder joint, and dropped into the tank. No wonder she just died- she was sucking on a ½ straw that was open to the atmosphere. Ron and I engineered a get me home fix, so all is good now.
That is the report from the Ga Rally, up to date.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Prayers over all for this event!

Heavenly Father,
Seems You are SO faithful, looking over those deploying to this event even before we chime in to ask Your provision and protection.
God, You are GOOD ! ! !
Please continue to watch over everyone as the travel to and fro, and as they blaze some trails in the spirit of recreation, friendship and even challenge.
Bless the food to their nourishment and bless all the hands that supply, prepare, serve, and K.P. the Mess Tent.
May the fellowship be festive yet healthy in Your eyes.
And, please bring everyone home safely.
In Jesus' name I pray.
AMEN!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Alright folks, two things:

1. Tomorrow afternoon at 5pm is the deadline for you to fill out your liability waiver and your current insurance card is you're going on the hardball convoy on Saturday. The email is posted here on post #141 (https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...t-17-21-2018&p=2164946&viewfull=1#post2164946). You can download the waiver, fill it out and email it to me. When you arrive at the registration tent, we'll have your waiver already, so we'll hand you a nametag and send you on your way.

I won't be there until Wednesday morning, so if you arrive earlier than that, there's no point in this.

2. I am very happy to announce, although at the last minute, that Memphis Equipment has chosen to be our primary sponsor again for the 2018 event.

Memphis has been a solid supporter of our event, now for the 3rd straight year and the 2nd year as our primary. They have been wonderful to work with and their generous contribution has helped us keep costs to rally attendees down.

I hope that all of you will consider recommending them to a friend or throwing them some business. I have had very good luck with Memphis personally, especially on converting an M931A2 into an M932A2. The winch on the tractors takes a lot of specific parts and only Memphis was able to help me source them. They were incredibly helpful throughout the process and I never had an issue with slow communication with them.

The rally thanks Memphis Equipment most graciously for their help.

Memphis Equipment
766 South B.B. King Blvd.
Memphis, TN
(901) 774-0600
http://www.memphisequipment.com/

They also have an eBay store and their feedback rating is legitimate-I'll bet in the last year I've bought a dozen sets of deuce brake hoses from them and they were shipped the same day or the next day and I had them in another couple days.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/mecoparts?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

amgeneral72

Glad to finally hear from somebody I hate that you’re broke down but at least you made it in safe bones and I left a little after five this morning we’re heading your way see you soon

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AMgeneral72 and Microjeep are here. Looks like there is gonna be a rally..........

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking forward to getting down there on Thursday, this will be my first time attending this event so I get to meet those I didn't at the Denton, NC event. I also wanted to say that I've talked to just about everyone that I'm buying parts from & if I haven't please contact me so we can exchange numbers-(my cell # 843-618-3738). I want to wish everyone a safe trip & cant wait to see all the vehicles that will be there. Donny

WWIILBird

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just want to say this New Jersey guy is looking forward to my first trip to the rally! Will be there Saturday, I sure hope they'll still be some deals to be had.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We have the camper, dually, and van packed and ready to roll but due to real world mission requirements we won't SP until around 10:30hrs in the morning. We should be there early afternoon with 7PAX and canine support.

Sadly, we can't bring any MVs because we don't have any drivers. They all passed away, moved away, or are otherwise non-mission capable.aua

Attachments

Last edited:

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heading out Wed morning with my USAF flight line van (at least it's not my wife's Dodge Caravan like last year), and will probably overnight in the Talladega National Forest, arriving Thurs mid-day after fondling some Garands in Anniston. Tried to bring CSM Davis, but he says he will have to miss this year's rally. Not as long a trip as the TX boys, but still just shy of 600 miles. All my free cash has gone to my wife's horse trainers, so about all I can afford to buy this year is Tony's coffee.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Alrighty folks,

A. I have printed all of the waivers that have been sent to me, even if it came in 15 minutes ago (it's currently 10:15pm). If you send it now, I won't see it so you'll have to fill it out at registration.

B. Same goes for insurance cards.

I will have them with me in the morning, although I'm not sure when I'll be there (I'm meeting rustjunk in Athens @ 0700). So as soon as we get out there, I'll hand them to the RT staff.

C. Please remember that humans make mistakes and if you filled one out and sent it to me and you get here and we don't have it, it's not because we're bad people. It's that the email didn't come through. Or I missed it. Or it fell out of the folder as I walked to the truck.

Crapgame

Anybody from FL going to the GA Rally? Or somebody out of state passing thru via I10? I might have 4 HMMWV Doors I'm buying from fellow at Rally, can pay gas if somebody can relay.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks