• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2019 Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally (19SSGR) - Georgia Military Vehicle Rally

sandcobra164

I've already got my cabin reservations changed to the revised dates so Welder1 and I will just send it. M923 overloaded with firewood and pulling an M1102 with an M35A2 W/W truck wishing my 5 ton could pull the hills better. Worse come to worse, the Rally get's canceled and we don't get the opportunity to trail ride and see all of our friends. There'd be no swap meet if the event is canceled. Look up Kaye's Keep across from the main lodge. If you go hungry around us, you didn't show up. I hope there is a good turnout and keep in mind, I drove my 5 ton up in 2017 after breaking my foot in September and putting the crutches on the passenger seat for the then October event.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That just begs so many questions about the society we live in today — all of which I’ll avoid in this forum. Instead, may I offer a suggestion... in lieu of protesting the color of the sky, why not protest vehicles painted anything other than OD, camo or tan!
OK...I'm on board with the peaceful protest theme.

However, may I suggest we protest radical protesting?? Ya see....that way covid-19 won't be an issue because it can't spread in a protest where thousands of folks get together and protest stuff as long as they don't work, have a religious function or a funeral......unless guvment officials attend,

Besides, the election will be over so covid should die out by then.

LanceRobson

Hello All

I haven't spent much time on the site for a year or so and it's time to get back to it. The Denton, NC event was canceled and the GA Rally is the next closest event sooo.....

If i come (with or without Nancy) I'll be bringing a 24' camper and a heap of nasty old MV junk....err, highly collectable stuff with a patina.

The only other time we made the GA Rally was 2017 when we brought a commercial cargo trailer and camped out of that so this would be my first trip with a camper. Are there any RV sites in the rally field with 30 amp electricity? And if so can someone point me to a map or some other way to figure out which sites to look at and book?

My thanks to all who have stepped up for their efforts to make this happen. As the outdoor oriented youth character develpoment program I was working on through several regional schools districts has been cancelled nationwide for at least the next academic year and there are sure no climbing classes to teach right now I can arrive early or stay late as needed to help out.

Again thanks and best regards to all,

Lance

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello All

I haven't spent much time on the site for a year or so and it's time to get back to it. The Denton, NC event was canceled and the GA Rally is the next closest event sooo.....

If i come (with or without Nancy) I'll be bringing a 24' camper and a heap of nasty old MV junk....err, highly collectable stuff with a patina.

The only other time we made the GA Rally was 2017 when we brought a commercial cargo trailer and camped out of that so this would be my first trip with a camper. Are there any RV sites in the rally field with 30 amp electricity? And if so can someone point me to a map or some other way to figure out which sites to look at and book?

My thanks to all who have stepped up for their efforts to make this happen. As the outdoor oriented youth character develpoment program I was working on through several regional schools districts has been cancelled nationwide for at least the next academic year and there are sure no climbing classes to teach right now I can arrive early or stay late as needed to help out.

Again thanks and best regards to all,

Lance
A. Rally thread is up:
B. There are camper sites in the main field, numbers B1 through B12, which have power and water. Some are 30A and some are 50A, I believe. Durhamtown's site has more info: https://www.durhamtown.com/cabin-rentals

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks