• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2021 Georgia Military Vehicle Rally information thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At some point here in early August, I'll take a ride out there and have a looksee at things. It would be nice to have an imprompu sketch of the grounds to see where everything is in relation to each other.

Found this on a review so it seems there is some cell service.,

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Will the vehicle display area also be in the swap meet area or somewhere else
Yes. The swap meet area is bigger than it looks. I've always liked the aspect of the event of just everyone hanging out in one central area.

Good afternoon everyone!. The Yurt Buildings are not listed on the Bobby Brown reservations web site to keep them from being reserved by others outside of our group on those dates.

If you are interested in a Yurt which is like a mini hotel room please call the park reservations and reserve your Yurt NOW.

They have 4 left now so act quickly or forever be left out in the dark!!!

ps. Clint will be updating the dates in his original post to reflect Nov3-7th. Basically Wed-Sunday or standard rally dates.
Thanks for catching this. I have edited the post and the FB post.

Is there any type of map or sketch that shows the proximity of events relative to camping areas? Would like to reserve something soon. Might have to speed over to Elbert County to have a looksee.
Yes, see here: http://www.bobbybrownpark.com/master-plan-info.html

And here:
rendered-master-plan-2-15-18_orig.jpg

Scan20210717172126 (Large).jpg

So...no trail rides this year.
Mac's still looking but it's a challenge.

how close are the rv sites to the rally
If I had to guess, I'd say a 1/4 to 1/2 mile. Mac may have a better estimate.

Has anyone mentioned cell coverage or wireless Internet access yet?
They are in the process of upgrading the internet with what they said was pretty fast service and multiple repeaters. We'll see what happens when 200 smartphones start trying to access the service.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
They are in the process of upgrading the internet with what they said was pretty fast service and multiple repeaters. We'll see what happens when 200 smartphones start trying to access the service.
[/QUOTE]
Is there anyway to shut this down? this is vacation

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Clinto, that site map is cool and everything but I see no mention on it of where we will be at. If you get a chance, can you add a circle or arrow? Stuff on there is too small and blurry to read.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks