• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official 2021 Georgia Military Vehicle Rally information thread

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wanted to let everyone know the status of the current availability of camp sites on the Savannah River side (nearest to the swap meet) of Bobby Brown Park. As of today, there are 16 camp sites left as well as 4 yurts. I would suggest if you are considering attending, reserve your site/yurt as soon as possible if you want to be as close as possible to the swap meet. If after reserving a spot, you find that you won't be able to attend, you can receive a refund, less $5.00 if you cancel 72 hours prior to the event. I intend to meet with staff at the park next week to get some guidance on several questions. If you have any questions or concerns, post them here and I will address them at that time.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just wanted to let everyone know the status of the current availability of camp sites on the Savannah River side (nearest to the swap meet) of Bobby Brown Park. As of today, there are 16 camp sites left as well as 4 yurts. I would suggest if you are considering attending, reserve your site/yurt as soon as possible if you want to be as close as possible to the swap meet. If after reserving a spot, you find that you won't be able to attend, you can receive a refund, less $5.00 if you cancel 72 hours prior to the event. I intend to meet with staff at the park next week to get some guidance on several questions. If you have any questions or concerns, post them here and I will address them at that time.
On August 10, I contacted the park by telephone and told them I was part of the GA Military Vehicle Rally and wanted to reserve a Yurt. The lady told me at that time that the last Yurt had been reserved, so I reserved SR48 campsite instead. It sounds like their reservation system is screwed up. Are Yurts actually still available?

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
On August 10, I contacted the park by telephone and told them I was part of the GA Military Vehicle Rally and wanted to reserve a Yurt. The lady told me at that time that the last Yurt had been reserved, so I reserved SR48 campsite instead. It sounds like their reservation system is screwed up. Are Yurts actually still available?
Talked with Jean at the park today, she told me that there was a new lady who was not aware the yurts were being held for us. There is as of today 4 yurts available. Jean said if you would call Saturday, ask for her and she would take care of you.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I decided to take a ride out to Bobby Brown park yesterday. Pretty neat place for sure. No paths that I could see linking the day use (rally) area to the campsites. Might have missed it, was raining pretty good. Here are campsites SR 43, 44 and 45.

Attachments

LanceRobson

I have a few questions about the swap meet area:

Are we limited to the parking lot or is there a spot, preferably grassy, next to it where one could put in some stakes to pt up a tarp over their goods?

Is there a locked front gate to limit access to the swap meet area or is open to anyone who drives in/by at night?

Thanks for all your efforts.

Lance

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a grassy area adjacent to the paved area, that is part of the swap meet area. I believe there is a septic field near the building that will be marked that would be the only area to be avoided. The park is gated and will be closed at 10:00PM. Anyone in the park would have access to the swap meet area. This area is far more secure than duramtown that had a public road through the Rally area. That being said I am not aware of any problems there and I don't expect that we will have any issues at Bobby Brown

LanceRobson

There is a grassy area adjacent to the paved area, that is part of the swap meet area. I believe there is a septic field near the building that will be marked that would be the only area to be avoided. The park is gated and will be closed at 10:00PM. Anyone in the park would have access to the swap meet area. This area is far more secure than duramtown that had a public road through the Rally area. That being said I am not aware of any problems there and I don't expect that we will have any issues at Bobby Brown
Thanks, Mac

LanceRobson

Working on Thursday night dinner plans, hold tight for a day or so and I'll post up
I don't know how many folks we're talking on which night about but if we can get a reasonably solid headcount and we're talking something like pulled pork I can smoke it and make it at home and vacuum pack it in bags that can just heated in hot water and served. Add in some simple sides and at least one night would be covered.

Is there any guess how many folks we're talking about on which night?

Lance

Last edited:

Streamline

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been down with leg back and side issues for almost a month now. Things are starting to get better, a little every day. I hope I will be able to start getting my trailer ready soon, so I can make it this year. If not able to get trailer ready, I will still be there hanging out with everyone.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We'll need some help with the registration tent and just general errands.

If anyone would like to chill with us in the tent and be delighted with my, Mac's, Kenny and Wheelspinner's wonderful senses of humor, PM me or Gunnermac

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter

If anyone would like to chill with us in the tent and be delighted with my, Mac's, Kenny and Wheelspinner's wonderful senses of humor, PM me or Gunnermac
Why do you ask for help and then threaten them?…….. how many times do we have to have this conversation??? Dang Clinto

LanceRobson

If I can see my junk....err fine collectables with a patina, from there I can help.

Lance

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

With that said, I'll be late arriving. My niece gets married Oct 29th. So, Nov 1st I'll be driving my brother back to FL and returning on the 2nd. That puts me arriving on Wed but wait, it gets better. I have a rented travel trailer being delivered at an unknown hour on Wednesday. Going to going full speed up to and thru the rally. The good news is that my oldest son, the one who had the bad MC crash is likely coming along too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks