• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OFFICIAL RC 08' PIC/AFTER REPORT THREAD

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response...(kinda anti-climactic)

I wrote a huge post twice already only to have the internet come crashing down on my head so I'll make this short. :x

A big thanks for everyone who made the effort to attend

-Everyone contributed to make this a really great event.

-LanceRobson won the Long Haul Award at 230 miles. (I'm not far behind at 210mi.)

-And thanks to Lance for bringing the "Mines" signs so we could reserve our parking area

-We had 20 persons and 15 vehicles attend (12 Mil, 3 Civi), more than double than that of last year:

No.2Diesel + Bro.-------M35A2, M923
John N.-------------------44' Willys MB, Civi Jeep JK
NewMVGuy---------------M35A2, M105
Maddawg308------------M35A2
LanceRobson + Son----M1008
RickyOday----------------M818 w/holmes 5th wheel wrecker
M37Dodge + Son-------M37
PAFarmer + Dad--------M35A2
JohnFire + Dad ---------M1009
CARNAC------------------M1009
JakeLC + Wife-----------M35A2
OLDCHEV4X4------------69' Blazer
THEROAD----------------F-250

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know what you guys think or what improvements could be made/new ideas for next year.

Here are the pics.....

Attachments

No.2Diesel

more...

I'll put plenty more up after lunch

Attachments

LanceRobson

RE: OFFICIAL RC 08

Dave, glad to see you made bail!

Thanks for the pics. Especially, thanks for the work you did to make this happen and thanks for the memories.

Lance

Edit-That last picture is my M1008 just a couple of hundred yards downhill of where it was "high centered", with the buzzards circling.

LanceRobson

Hey, be careful what you call that M923!

My wife thinks they're good looking. That gives me a better chance of adding one to the herd. Now I've just got to see which kid I can get the most money for...

No.2Diesel

-Hahaha thats a good caption Armyman. And thanks for the Wagoneer link. There were some pristine trucks out there. That white one slipped into a ditch but denied our offer for help. Maybe he was afraid his truck would be ripped in half if we pulled him out :)

-We already replaced the mirror and took the dent out of the 923's bumper. The cowl area is alot stronger on these cabs apparently as there was no distortion from the mirror assembly being bent. We are currently working on the constant air pressure buildup problem and will start on the cosmetic items soon to get it painted.

-I really enjoyed everyone's company and look forward to next year. Thanks OLDCHEV for letting us take the Blazer for a spin around the lot. I got your coffee pot!!

P.S. Lance, that guy didn't have any dropside bed parts.

OLDCHEV4X4

No.2.... No prob on the Blazer spin. I thought you guys would be back in a hour....not 10 minutes. Next time.
Now i'll have a excuse to go next year. " Honey..I have to go so i can get my ($5) coffee pot."

****If anybody can reformat Hi8 video to digital let me know.*****

hole

We had a great time, changed alot of tires but even with all that, it was a blast. A bunch of pics were posted on the original thread. Aside from the mirror/ tree thing it looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves. Its too bad theres sooo much distance between all of us . We would have one heck of a SS ralley otherwise!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks