• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OFFICIAL RC RALLY 08' CONVOY THREAD

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, cool - the FSJ club will no doubt have at least a couple M715 series trucks with them.

scooter - Roger that on the traffic. Big army trucks get a LOT of clearance from everyone else, and a lot of folks give thumbs up and wave. Some little kids salute the trucks. Traffic in a deuce isn't bad at all. And sometimes you get lucky and a college-age chick flashes herself at the drivers as she passes by. :D

I'm not sure the final plan yet, but depending on if anyone is coming from Virginia area on I-81, I might meet them at a truck stop near Winchester, VA, like I did last time with Opie. I'll have to start looking over the list of who is coming from the south to determine that, and start sending PMs to who it affects.

No.2Diesel

ARMYMAN said: "They are a good bunch so say hello for me and please don't run over any of them."

Don't worry :D

The Rally weekend at the park is pretty busy with other clubs and events but it shoudn't be a problem as there are a ton of trails and places to explore.

-scooter, by me and in the city they don't care what you drive or operate. The heavier the traffic the more you get cut off. :?

No.2Diesel

Bump to top: See the first post; has been edited to include aerial shots of each rendesvous point along the convoy route so everyone knows where to go. If you guys have any questions or concerns LET ME KNOW!!! The Rally is only 3 weeks away!!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well the boys are still looking at coming up but they may be running up to Anneville before then to pick up my two trucks. I want to get them back down as soon as possible to keep them from getting picked over. I wish I could be there for this I love Rauch Creek

No.2Diesel

I have updated the convoy info o the main page.

IMPORTANT!

I have not heard from Blackout or the M29 Weasel guy and M37Dodge said he is either going to meet at exit 77 or is going up Sat. So that makes the Allentown exit 45 stop unnecessary. If I don't hear anything from these guys by tommorrow, the three of us (me, brother and NewMVGuy) will be sailing through to meet Maddawg's Group. Please let me know if your still commited and refer to the first post. Thanks.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FOR THOSE COMING FROM THE SOUTH - it looks like we will just be meeting at the Exit 77 truckstop at 9:15 am with the rest of the crew. There aren't any coming from point south of me at all, and those that are coming from south of exit 77 won't be going too far. SO, instead we will just be meeting at the truck stop, and heading up to RC from there.

No.2Diesel

As shown on the aerial photo maddawg, Exit 77 has 3 places to meet. Where would you like to meet? Does it matter? Let me know your preference.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pilot truckstop, please - I've been telling everyone that's where we will be at 9:15am. Will look for other green/camo vehicles there.

M37Dodge

Truck is progressing steadily

While I am getting run down from the late night repairs (rear end swap/ transfer case rebuild), the M37 is looking good to go. I will meet up at Exit 77.

BTW: the world's largest annual pre-1949 car show is taking place in Hershey this weekend. (Exit 77 is rt 39 - just take it south into Hershey - follow the chocolate smell.) I will be driving past it on Rt 39 on the way to the Pilot Truck stop at Exit 77.

JohnFire

RE: Truck is progressing steadily

Ok on my way into work I forgot to look at the one in Ravine off I-81, here is what I saw on the way down.
Pine grove exit off I-81 was $4.17
I-81 exit 90 was cash $3.72 credit $3.78
I-81 exit 77 was cash $3.78
Pottsville was still $4.39 and I couldn't see the one in Tremont cause it was too foggy.

No.2Diesel

Thanks John. We'll probably have our last fill up at the station at exit 104 on I-81 which is right down the street from RC park. See you Saturday!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'll prolly tank up at Exit 77 when I meet everyone else. I'm not paying what Ravine is selling it for.

Rickyoday

Hey Maddawg, I'll be arriving around 8 am Saturday, so I won't be in the Friday convoy. Put me down for a "Large" size t-shirt. I'll be bringing the XM818A1, even though I put the new leaf spring bushings in the Suburban yesterday, I think the tractor will be more fun...and may come in "handy" with the 5th wheel wrecker. Thanks, Rick

JohnFire

The other day ravine was $3.80 cash I think but it could be down to $3.78. Best overall is still exit 90 cash is the $3.72 cash I am filling up when I goto work on sunday. Ravine used to really gouge but they seem to be a bit better now, just remember the sign price is cash.

No.2Diesel

OK Thats it!!! Its go time. Goin home and doing the final preps. See you guys tommorrow!!! The 923 is loaded with wood, The Deuce is packed and the Willys MB will be in tow.

I know I'm gonna forget somethin'

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Someone bring a lantern - I just pulled mine outta storage and the glass is shattered.

M37Dodge

Murphy struck - I have to go to a parent-teacher meeting tomorrow morning due to my son possibly bullying a classmate. He asked him a "socially inappropriate question" by asking if the new kid in his 3rd grade class was literate. Going to the meeting also makes it tough to call off my son as sick and head to RC.

So, I will miss the convoy tomorrow :( I will drive up Saturday early instead. On the plus side, I will be better packed.

How do I link up w/ you guys when I arrive at RC?
Thanks.
Andy
717-367-5951 home #
717-371-6092 cell

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks