• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

offroad light??

deucedeuce

i want to put a few offroad/kc style lights on the deuce but i dont want to go through all the trouble of setting up a complete 12v system for it. is there any way i could wire some of teh lights together to obtain 24v (kind of like wiring 2 12v batteries). this is just a thought and by no means am i an electrician, could i maybe wire the lights together like positive to negative of another and make them 24v?

deucedeuce

ok so do i hook the postive of one light to the negative of the other and then the postive from one and the negative from teh other to the battery?

Trango

Tungsten lights don't really have a positive and a negative, even though the leads may be colored that way. While good wiring practice suggests that you should pay attention to the colors and keep your wiring neat, if these are only single filament bulbs, it's not critical how it's wired.

Just make sure to buy and use lights that aren't grounded through the mount or housing.

zout

OR keep it simple and get 24v ones.
I use the Trucklite 24v LED flood - 4 of them on the top and have the LED headlights - you would swear a 747 was coming at you with landing lights on.

Great for possum hunting off road using the truck and a butterfly net. Kinda like possum polo.

PropDr

Also, aircraft landing lights are 24volts. Super bright and tough.

Yep:ditto:

All of these bulbs should fit the standard KC daylighter housing.
Google "PAR46 BULB" or GE part #
4553 28v 250w landing light
4554 28v 450w taxiing bulb
4571 28v 150w flood
4049 13v 150w spot (Discontinued by KC for the original high output
daylighter. Their current replacement for this bulb
is the 100w H3 and parabolic reflector.)

And if you really want to p!ss people off you can put in a set of PAR56 bulbs in place of your stock 7" sealed beams (with upgraded wiring to handle the current). Just don't blame me when Johnny law pulls you over.[thumbzup] (Great for baja racing though.)

GE part number
4541 28v 450w landing light 7"round

Oh and most lights over 150w should be kept off unless your moving or they will over heat and burn out.

Jay

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks