• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Offset Antenna Bracket Install

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having a NOS kit means I have all the parts, and I had no idea there were as many small parts. Most of the ones I see for sale used are missing most or all the small parts. The "instructions" are a little vague, so I decided to write a quick tutorial.

PARTS:
Base
Offset part and cover
Side support
3-hole backing plate
2-hole backing plate
2-hole spacer
Bolts, flat washers, lock washers, and nuts

The angled side of the base goes aft, bolt the side support to the side of the base. Bolt it to the left side for a left side mounting, and the right side for a right side mounting.

The two holes in the base match to the two antenna holes in the back of the vehicle in this order; bolt goes through the base, through the spacer, through the body, and through the backing plate. On the back, the flat washer, then the lock washer, then the nut. Snug them down.

Use the side support to drill three holes through the side of the body. Bolts through the side support, through the body, through the backing plate. Flat washer, lock washer, nut.

Bolt the offset part to the base. Put the side cover on the offset.

These are the three parts that seem to be missing when you buy used, but are the easiest to make. The 2-hole backing plate and the spacer are identical except for the thickness. Don't stress about that, make them both 1/4" thick - it doesn't matter. as long as the spacer is 1/4" thick. I didn't measure the hole centers because, well, I can't, but also because the base and the side support have those holes already, so just make them match.

PartsDim.jpg

If the side support is missing, here's the dimensions. I didn't measure scientifically.

SideSupp.jpg

This shows the spacer between the base and the vehicle - it's to clear that one bolt head and the rivet heads.

Spacer.jpg

The antennas use a 4 1/2" bolt circle, so the offset can be put to the outside, inside, forward, or aft. Most of the reliable pictures I've seen have it like this.

Aft.jpg

I painted over all the CARC lettering, mostly because it was white and partly because it's upside-down on the offset cover.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks