• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oh crap... i did it this time... need new window glass

CanonNinja

Yeah, I'll admit, I invite Mr. Murphy to work his laws on me quite a bit... Tonight I slammed the door a little too hard and ruined my driver-side window glass... cracked all the way through like someone hit it with a bat. :( I can't even find these for sale, so I'm really going to need you SS guys to come through. :cry: :oops:

EZFEED

Have you asked your nearest auto glass dealer/vendor?????

I had the local glass shop cut me out a new drivers side door glass out of tempered glass for around $30 ish. It's just a square roundabout.

CanonNinja

EZFEED said:

I had the local glass shop cut me out a new drivers side door glass out of tempered glass for around $30 ish. It's just a square roundabout.

i thought about that on the way to dinner tonight.. just save the frame, not like it has to look pretty.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a new one in the box you could have for 50$, but you'd have to pick it up in corpus (the last piece of glass I had shipped broke and isn't worth dealing with UPS over them).

EZFEED

CanonNinja said:
EZFEED said:

i thought about that on the way to dinner tonight.. just save the frame, not like it has to look pretty.
That'd be the way to go bubba [thumbzup] Cool thing too is that you'll notice the new glass is MUCH clearer than the used stuff plus I think it's safer too. It hasn't had dust and itsy bitsy rocks scratching against it.

alfa59

Hi Guys,
I had the same problem this summer- reason : worn rubber profile which keeps the glass in place . I changed the profile in which the glass is "guided" and the other horizontal profile (took me a while) and from now on the doors are perfect - no more noise from glass window being loose in the door . Chris