• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oh crap... i did it this time... need new window glass

CanonNinja

Yeah, I'll admit, I invite Mr. Murphy to work his laws on me quite a bit... Tonight I slammed the door a little too hard and ruined my driver-side window glass... cracked all the way through like someone hit it with a bat. :( I can't even find these for sale, so I'm really going to need you SS guys to come through. :cry: :oops:

EZFEED

Have you asked your nearest auto glass dealer/vendor?????

I had the local glass shop cut me out a new drivers side door glass out of tempered glass for around $30 ish. It's just a square roundabout.

CanonNinja

EZFEED said:

I had the local glass shop cut me out a new drivers side door glass out of tempered glass for around $30 ish. It's just a square roundabout.

i thought about that on the way to dinner tonight.. just save the frame, not like it has to look pretty.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a new one in the box you could have for 50$, but you'd have to pick it up in corpus (the last piece of glass I had shipped broke and isn't worth dealing with UPS over them).

EZFEED

CanonNinja said:
EZFEED said:

i thought about that on the way to dinner tonight.. just save the frame, not like it has to look pretty.
That'd be the way to go bubba [thumbzup] Cool thing too is that you'll notice the new glass is MUCH clearer than the used stuff plus I think it's safer too. It hasn't had dust and itsy bitsy rocks scratching against it.

alfa59

Hi Guys,
I had the same problem this summer- reason : worn rubber profile which keeps the glass in place . I changed the profile in which the glass is "guided" and the other horizontal profile (took me a while) and from now on the doors are perfect - no more noise from glass window being loose in the door . Chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks