• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ohio members available

grounded

Banned
OK... WELL im sure daniel (dm22630) is a curse. LOL.. Let me fill you all in on the story. YES I GOT PICS!! but it will have to wait till i DL them to my computer.

2 weeks ago he informed me he had some parts. and i got some tires he wants. SO what do SS members do we start horse trading lol. I got get a new fresh load of tires to take to get ready to go east bound for daniel and headwizard. We are on our way home with about 60 tires.. WAY more then we planned to buy but hey why not. Anyways we ran into some tire issues switch out the spares and boogie on home. Get ahold of daniel and tell him we are going to come out on the 14th to deliver all the tires and pick our stuff up that he has out there for me. I go back on the road working this week Monday-thursday. I was on my way back home this morning booking down I75 get to mile marker 90 in ohio (just on the south side of sidney) i look back started to see some sparks flying here and there of my trailer. I figured o CRAP another flat. SO i see the off ramp 1/4 mile ahead sign. figure we will run on to the off ramp and swap out tires. 500' from the off ramp theres she goes. the back tire (still mounted to the axle spindle) takes off on down the interstate. i managed to make it bounce off my truck and go into the median. Got pulled over and got out to look. AXLE IS TOAST!!!!! I got a loaded trailer and its now broke.

Go figure i know i got a deuce at the farm 50 miles away. so we unhook the trailer.. go get the deuce, head back to the site. unload the trailer by hand of about 6000# worth of stuff and then drag the trailer home 3 legged behind the pickup again with no weight.

SO now im wondering is there any members out by daniel or even in ohio that has a day or 2 off in the next week that has a trailer that can hold a 7300# load (10k rated trailer minimum) that is looking for a little road trip to front royal VA over to daniels to drop some tires and bring me back some stuff? its on my dime. and ill even pay some extra for your time. OR anyone willing to rent a trailer that we can pull with our F350 out and back? Daniel you ready to come get them its all your fault :twisted: Trying to weight my options. im going to be calling the trailer shops this morning to see if by chance since its FRIDAY!! if they got a axle in stock or can have me one by monday since i told daniel i would be there tuesday morning. its 8:30 am. and not a good start to a week off work ;)

I would load the deuce up change fluids and call a road trip. BUT i cant figure out how a deuce is going to carry (21) 1600-20 XZLs in the back of it with out being stacked about 3' above the cab. IF you know of a way and are bored. and wanta road trip. COME OVER and we get it out.

:rant:

grounded

Banned
OO come on gimp. lol

well go figure manufacture told me would cover it if i brought it to them (but they are 550 miles from where it broke). But i did find one in stock at trailer place 5 miles from my house. $286 for axle complete with brakes. SO i found one. Be back in business soon as weather gets nice.

Maybe this is a excuse to use the wrecker for more work around the shop ;)

Monkeyboyarmy

Dang.I was looking forward to lending a hand as I could use some 1600-20's for the 816.:-D
If you get in a pinch,I have a 20' car trailer with a 7500 gvw and a tri-axle gooseneck with a 21,000 gvw.

roadagent

10 ton dual tamden axle in medway,ohio

I have a equipment trailer 10 ton capacity. Electric brakes . Requires pintel hook. Weighs 6600#s. Rent , trade or for hire. I am located in medway. 1 hr or so from Sidney. Lets go.

Last edited:

grounded

Banned
Monkeyboy. When you get to looking for some tires let me know. Believe it or not i didnt bring enough HOME!! SS members are swarming like hawks i tell ya rofl
Mention trucks, tires, trailers anything related green and they all over ya ;)

grounded

Banned
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

That would have SUCKED if all the tires had come off the trailer & blocked the interstate!
Nah got lucky that was the first load. this one just had some other stuff on it. But yea it could of been rather interesting let alone them size of tires and 4:30 in the morning when its RAINING!! they would blend right into the interstate. MY INSURANCE would not like me after that phone call.

Im going to have to raise your rate Daniel rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks