• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil analysis report... scary!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be my fuel viscosity indicator. The shaft of the potentiometer is coupled to the FDC piston (stop block)
and a gauge on the dash indicates its postion, which is an actual reading of the fuel viscosity. The FDC should really be called a Fuel Viscosity Compensator.
With the FDC bypassed, that gauge is non functional. :cry:

Attachments

derby

Gotcha, I seem to remember talk of the gauge on your dash,but never knew where it went.very neat idea.I have a engine in can and there apears to be no FDC on it,just a cover with a small hump.

devilman96

Just to point it out...

High silicone levels are not always a bad thing depending the type of oils you use, some manufactures use it as part of the anti wear package. Both dyno and synthetic Rotella's will show high levels which are easy to misread as something their not.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checked an earlier report from a sample taken in Californa on my cross country trip. It had less than 1% fuel in the oil and viscosity was 8.8. Lead was 120ppm and only listed as "Abnormal" not critical.

The FDC leak started sometime during the trip from Leonard Jones in Sacramento, CA where the oil was changed and Virginia.
This after more than ten years of good FDC performance. It now leaks like a siev as reported in a different post "A second FDC, why not?".

An oil analysis is very valuable.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have the NSNs of the bearings, std and undersize? I am going to a place maybe next w-end that has a whole shed full of NOS bearings, roller and engine stuff. I'd like to find a mess of them for the multis.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WillWagner said:
Do you have the NSNs of the bearings, std and undersize? I am going to a place maybe next w-end that has a whole shed full of NOS bearings, roller and engine stuff. I'd like to find a mess of them for the multis.
This is the info I have from the TM's.
If you'd like more details, get me your email address and I'll attach the full size pages.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks