• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Connection

mickeymouse

Hello everyone,

I am new to your forum and the M38A1, I recently bought what I believe to be a M38A1 without an oil filter :shock:

I am not new to working on vehicles, so what you school me in will take quickly. I would like to add an un authentic external oil filter[PH8A]. Upon sale of the vehicle I will convert the oil setup to the traditional cannister type, but to keep expenses down I will go this way for now.

I will run copper lines with brass fittings, just because it looks cool :wink:

I will attach a pictures of the drivers side engine and passenger side engine. I believe the drain or return side is on the cam housing.

My problem is I can't figure out the send line port.

Thank you for your time..

Attachments

sandrider

I have the same problem I have a 1961 m38a1 with a f134 I want to install the oil filter canister and hoses I have no idea were to hook up the oil lines Could someone post some good pictures to help us out Thanksaua

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I will try to remember to post some pictures of our '55 M38A1 tonight. If I do not, someone PM me and remind me.

aaron92685

The hole on top of the timing chain cover case is the return line to the engine from the oil filter. There is a fitting under the fuel pump that is the pressure line to the oil filter. If u need more pics let me know. Edit: I have scene replaced all the oil filter lines with the new original ones.

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I got to work yesterday at 0600 and left at 2300. Sorry.

As promised!

Attachments

jeeplvr247

Thanks for the pictures on this aaron, this is a helpful thread. My a1 came without an oil filter so I am looking for a replacement one. Does anybody know a good place to find an original looking one? all I can find are the orange ones with the smooth sides.