• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Cooler Leak

Doubled

I recently was bringing home a M931A1. It made it almost home and overheated. I pulled the dipstick and it was covered in oil with water in it. After I got it home I drained the oil and had about two gallons of antifreeze in the oil.

After searching the site decided to take the advice of others and start with the oil cooler. I made a simple tester and sure enough the oil cooler tubes are leaking on one end. I'm going to see if my local radiator shop can repair it if not I will be looking for one.

Hopefully that was my only problem!!! Here's a pic of the tester I made. I was going to air to 15lbs but it leaks so bad it wouldn't hold more than a few seconds at that pressure.

Attachments

KSMTRUCK

Could you see the bad spot w/ your eye prior to your testing? Having the same issue, but I cannot see any un bad spots etc after I have it out on the bench.

droprat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would you still have to change the rod and main bearings even if it just occured and you caught coolant in the oil early on? Does that coating on the bearings deteriorate with any amount of coolant even with minimal use or does this occur over a period of time?